Rains lash parts of Punjab and Haryana, mercury drops
Chandigarh: The maximum temperatures in Punjab and Haryana today dropped below normal after light to moderate rain lashed a few parts of the two states.
Chandigarh, which received a drizzle during the day, recorded a maximum temperature of 34.5 deg C, one degree below normal, MeT department report said here.
Among other places in Punjab, Amritsar was lashed by heavy showers (32 mm) and the maximum temperature in the holy city dropped by five notches below normal to settle at 32.2 deg C.
Ludhiana and Patiala also recorded respective below normal maximums of 34 deg C and 34.2 deg C. Patiala, Mohali, Ropar, Batala and parts of Gurdaspur were among other places in Punjab to receive rains.
In Haryana, light rain lashed Panchkula and Ambala. Ambala recorded a high of 33.9 deg C, one notch below normal. Hisar`s maximum settled within the normal range at 39.7 deg C.
The MeT has forecast light to moderate rain or thunder showers may occur at a few places in Punjab and at isolated places in Haryana over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Congress demands Sushma Swaraj's resignation over Lalit Modi's job offer to her husband