Rains lash parts of Punjab and Haryana; mercury falls
Chandigarh: Rains lashed parts of Punjab and Haryana Wednesday, bringing the mercury down considerably, with conditions for advancement of monsoon in the twin agrarian states being "favourable".
Moderate to heavy rainfall poured in Chandigarh, Ambala and Patiala this morning, the MeT office said here.
"Monsoon has entered some parts of Punjab and Haryana and the conditions for its advancement are favourable," Chandigarh MeT Director Surinder Pal said.
While Chandigarh received 58.8 mm of rainfall, Ambala received 41.9 mm and Patiala 0.7 mm.
The downpour led to fall in temperature "considerably", but brought humid conditions in the region, the MT office said.
Meanwhile, rain waters inundated some low-lying areas in the twin states. In Chandigarh, several roundabouts and city roads were waterlogged.
The rainfall is considered beneficial for the on-going paddy transplantation which is in full swing in the twin agrarian states of Punjab and Haryana, experts said.
The MeT has forecast rainfall at several parts of Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jallikattu stir LIVE: Violence at student organisations' protest in Coimbatore, 5 students injured
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog