Rains lash parts of Punjab and Haryana; mercury falls
Chandigarh: Rains lashed parts of Punjab and Haryana Wednesday, bringing the mercury down considerably, with conditions for advancement of monsoon in the twin agrarian states being "favourable".
Moderate to heavy rainfall poured in Chandigarh, Ambala and Patiala this morning, the MeT office said here.
"Monsoon has entered some parts of Punjab and Haryana and the conditions for its advancement are favourable," Chandigarh MeT Director Surinder Pal said.
While Chandigarh received 58.8 mm of rainfall, Ambala received 41.9 mm and Patiala 0.7 mm.
The downpour led to fall in temperature "considerably", but brought humid conditions in the region, the MT office said.
Meanwhile, rain waters inundated some low-lying areas in the twin states. In Chandigarh, several roundabouts and city roads were waterlogged.
The rainfall is considered beneficial for the on-going paddy transplantation which is in full swing in the twin agrarian states of Punjab and Haryana, experts said.
The MeT has forecast rainfall at several parts of Punjab and Haryana during the next 24 hours.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security
- DNA: Analyzing the impact of secret data leak of Scorpene submarine on India's security Part II
- DNA: Analyzing the possible hands indulged in Scorpene Submarine data leak
- DNA: Analyzing the media coverage on Kashmir violence
- DNA: PM Modi's photos and Indian flag raised during protests in Balochistan
- Top five amazing benefits of spinach!
- When IIT directors chant Bharat Mata Ki Jai slogans during IIT council meet — Know what happened
- Last season `the best of my career`: Cristiano Ronaldo
- Turkey-backed rebels take Syrian border town of Jarablus
- Drone strikes kill 5 Qaeda suspects in Yemen: Security