Rains lash Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Widespread pre-monsoon showers lashed most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Friday, bringing down the mercury and raising humidity levels in the region.
The much-awaited showers brought respite for the people facing intense heat wave conditions for about a month now.
The rains brought the maximum temperature down by upto three points in most parts of Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh and its surrounding areas were also lashed by heavy rains.
The rain water inundated a few low-lying areas in the region.
Madhopur in Punjab received 42 mm of rains followed by 41 mm at Shahpur Kandi, 27.8 mm at Ranjit Sagar dam, 23 mm at Loharu, 20 mm at Yamunanagar, 19.6 mm at Chandigarh, 20 mm at Panchkula, 14 mm at Assandh, 13 mm at Mukerian and eight mm at Dera Bassi, the MeT office said here.
However, the MeT said that these were pre-monsoon showers and it would take another couple of days for the monsoon to hit the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- Panel discussion on the decision of demonetisation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Reliance Jio effect: Airtel offers free unlimited local and STD calls with 4G data at Rs 145
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video