Rains lash Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Widespread pre-monsoon showers lashed most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Friday, bringing down the mercury and raising humidity levels in the region.
The much-awaited showers brought respite for the people facing intense heat wave conditions for about a month now.
The rains brought the maximum temperature down by upto three points in most parts of Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh and its surrounding areas were also lashed by heavy rains.
The rain water inundated a few low-lying areas in the region.
Madhopur in Punjab received 42 mm of rains followed by 41 mm at Shahpur Kandi, 27.8 mm at Ranjit Sagar dam, 23 mm at Loharu, 20 mm at Yamunanagar, 19.6 mm at Chandigarh, 20 mm at Panchkula, 14 mm at Assandh, 13 mm at Mukerian and eight mm at Dera Bassi, the MeT office said here.
However, the MeT said that these were pre-monsoon showers and it would take another couple of days for the monsoon to hit the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- Hotels selling beef should be demolished: Azam Khan
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Russia surprises America with accord on battling ISIS
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Neither Dadri nor Babri: India is 'Muslim woman delivering 'Ganesha' inside temple'
- Hindu girl embraces Islam to marry Shahi Imam Bukhari's son?
- Pakistan take note! Indian military 5th deadliest in the world
- Lalu Prasad Yadav debuts on Dubsmash, mocks PM Narendra Modi – Watch video
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack