Rains lash Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Widespread pre-monsoon showers lashed most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Friday, bringing down the mercury and raising humidity levels in the region.
The much-awaited showers brought respite for the people facing intense heat wave conditions for about a month now.
The rains brought the maximum temperature down by upto three points in most parts of Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh and its surrounding areas were also lashed by heavy rains.
The rain water inundated a few low-lying areas in the region.
Madhopur in Punjab received 42 mm of rains followed by 41 mm at Shahpur Kandi, 27.8 mm at Ranjit Sagar dam, 23 mm at Loharu, 20 mm at Yamunanagar, 19.6 mm at Chandigarh, 20 mm at Panchkula, 14 mm at Assandh, 13 mm at Mukerian and eight mm at Dera Bassi, the MeT office said here.
However, the MeT said that these were pre-monsoon showers and it would take another couple of days for the monsoon to hit the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP wins 82 seats in nail-biting finish, Shiv Sena 84; Uddhav, Fadnavis non-committal on alliance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17