Rains lash Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Widespread pre-monsoon showers lashed most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Friday, bringing down the mercury and raising humidity levels in the region.
The much-awaited showers brought respite for the people facing intense heat wave conditions for about a month now.
The rains brought the maximum temperature down by upto three points in most parts of Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh and its surrounding areas were also lashed by heavy rains.
The rain water inundated a few low-lying areas in the region.
Madhopur in Punjab received 42 mm of rains followed by 41 mm at Shahpur Kandi, 27.8 mm at Ranjit Sagar dam, 23 mm at Loharu, 20 mm at Yamunanagar, 19.6 mm at Chandigarh, 20 mm at Panchkula, 14 mm at Assandh, 13 mm at Mukerian and eight mm at Dera Bassi, the MeT office said here.
However, the MeT said that these were pre-monsoon showers and it would take another couple of days for the monsoon to hit the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje