Rains lash Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh
Chandigarh: Widespread pre-monsoon showers lashed most parts of Punjab, Haryana and Chandigarh on Friday, bringing down the mercury and raising humidity levels in the region.
The much-awaited showers brought respite for the people facing intense heat wave conditions for about a month now.
The rains brought the maximum temperature down by upto three points in most parts of Punjab and Haryana. Chandigarh and its surrounding areas were also lashed by heavy rains.
The rain water inundated a few low-lying areas in the region.
Madhopur in Punjab received 42 mm of rains followed by 41 mm at Shahpur Kandi, 27.8 mm at Ranjit Sagar dam, 23 mm at Loharu, 20 mm at Yamunanagar, 19.6 mm at Chandigarh, 20 mm at Panchkula, 14 mm at Assandh, 13 mm at Mukerian and eight mm at Dera Bassi, the MeT office said here.
However, the MeT said that these were pre-monsoon showers and it would take another couple of days for the monsoon to hit the region.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: PM Narendra Modi addressing rally in Imphal
- Will Shiv Sena join hands with Congress to stop BJP from entering BMC?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- Delhi: Three-year-old twins die after falling into washing machine in Rohini
- BSF catches cow slaughter gang near India-Bangladesh border in Malda
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's epic celebration after destroying Lahore Qalandars in Dubai
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Mitchell Johnson takes a dig at Anil Kumble over calling Steve O'Keefe 'steady'
- India vs Australia, 1st Test, Day 3: As it happened...