Rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains Tuesday lashed many parts of Punjab and Haryana, with minimum temperatures witnessing a rise as overcast conditions prevailed at most places.
After basking under bright sun shine during the past few days, Chandigarh residents woke up to overcast conditions that was followed by light spell of rain.The minimum here rose to 11.8 deg C, up five notches than normal.
In Punjab, Mohali, Ludhiana and Patiala were among other places to receive light rains. The minimum temperature in Patiala settled at 10.7 deg C, up four notches than normal.
Amritsar and Ludhiana recorded identical minimum temperatures of 9 deg C each, up by four and two degrees, respectively.
Hisar in Haryana recorded a low of 12.6 deg C, up five degrees. Ambala registered a low of 10.6 deg C, three above normal while Karnal recorded a low of 8.2 deg C, up one notch.
Bhiwani`s minimum settled at 13.6 C, up by five notches.
Ambala, Bhiwani, Hisar, Karnal and Panchkula were among other places in Haryana to receive rains.
The MeT here said that the change in weather was due to a Western Disturbance that lies over North Pakistan and neighbourhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part II
- Batla House encounter: Congress under scrutiny as new IS video emerges - Part III
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter
- DNA: Analysis of video of elderly woman being thrashed by daughter - Part II