Rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains Tuesday lashed many parts of Punjab and Haryana, with minimum temperatures witnessing a rise as overcast conditions prevailed at most places.
After basking under bright sun shine during the past few days, Chandigarh residents woke up to overcast conditions that was followed by light spell of rain.The minimum here rose to 11.8 deg C, up five notches than normal.
In Punjab, Mohali, Ludhiana and Patiala were among other places to receive light rains. The minimum temperature in Patiala settled at 10.7 deg C, up four notches than normal.
Amritsar and Ludhiana recorded identical minimum temperatures of 9 deg C each, up by four and two degrees, respectively.
Hisar in Haryana recorded a low of 12.6 deg C, up five degrees. Ambala registered a low of 10.6 deg C, three above normal while Karnal recorded a low of 8.2 deg C, up one notch.
Bhiwani`s minimum settled at 13.6 C, up by five notches.
Ambala, Bhiwani, Hisar, Karnal and Panchkula were among other places in Haryana to receive rains.
The MeT here said that the change in weather was due to a Western Disturbance that lies over North Pakistan and neighbourhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Yasin Bhatkal calls wife from Hyderabad jail, talks of 'help from Damascus'
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon
- Missing UK schoolgirls seen carrying Kalashnikov rifle in ISIS's Raqqa?