Rains lash Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Rains Tuesday lashed many parts of Punjab and Haryana, with minimum temperatures witnessing a rise as overcast conditions prevailed at most places.
After basking under bright sun shine during the past few days, Chandigarh residents woke up to overcast conditions that was followed by light spell of rain.The minimum here rose to 11.8 deg C, up five notches than normal.
In Punjab, Mohali, Ludhiana and Patiala were among other places to receive light rains. The minimum temperature in Patiala settled at 10.7 deg C, up four notches than normal.
Amritsar and Ludhiana recorded identical minimum temperatures of 9 deg C each, up by four and two degrees, respectively.
Hisar in Haryana recorded a low of 12.6 deg C, up five degrees. Ambala registered a low of 10.6 deg C, three above normal while Karnal recorded a low of 8.2 deg C, up one notch.
Bhiwani`s minimum settled at 13.6 C, up by five notches.
Ambala, Bhiwani, Hisar, Karnal and Panchkula were among other places in Haryana to receive rains.
The MeT here said that the change in weather was due to a Western Disturbance that lies over North Pakistan and neighbourhood.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC elections results 2017: BJP to gain big amid neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena, reveals latest poll survey
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!