Rains throw life out of gear in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Moderate to rather heavy rains lashed various parts of Punjab and Haryana, with waterlogging affecting normal life at many areas in both the states.
Continuous rains accompanied with strong winds also hit the road traffic as traffic snarls could be observed at various places.
The MeT Department in its forecast today said rains along with thunderstorm may continue during next 48 hours and there is also a possibility of hailstorm hitting the isolated places.
Despite rains, the minimum temperature rose by up to eight notches above normal in Punjab and Haryana, the MeT office said here.
Narnaul in Haryana received the maximum rainfall at 30 mm in the region with minimum settling at 14 deg C, up by eight degrees above normal.
Karnal witnessed the rainfall of 23.8 mm while it experienced cold at 12.4 deg C, up by four notches above normal.
Among other places, Ambala, Hisar and Bhiwani had a low of 12.8 deg C, 13.2 deg C and 13.4 deg C respectively.
UT Chandigarh received rainfall of 11.5 mm, though it recorded minimum at 13.1 deg C, going up by six notches above normal.
In Punjab, Amritsar witnessed marginal rainfall activity with 0.2 mm. It recorded minimum at 12.4 deg C, up by seven degrees above normal.
Ludhiana and Patiala had a rainfall of 3.2 mm and 13.6 mm respectively with mercury settling at 13 deg C each.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh
- 'Saffron party will still face defeat in the upcoming assembly elections', BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna Joshi jump