Rajnath Singh ducks query on Navjot Singh Sidhu`s outburst
Chandigarh: Embarrassed by the recent outburst of its Amritsar Lok Sabha member Navjot Singh Sidhu against the Akali Dal-BJP alliance government in Punjab, the BJP on Monday tried to play down the controversy saying that it was a "minor issue".
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh said here that the issue between Sidhu and the state government was a "small one" and would be taken care of.
"There is no major problem. I am aware of it. I have spoken to all (concerned). It will be resolved," the BJP president, who was in the city on Monday to meet party core committees of Haryana, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh.
Sidhu, who remained absent from his constituency for nearly eight months, returned to Amritsar recently. He lashed out at the Parkash Singh Badal government for not doing enough for the development of Amritsar despite it being a Sikh holy city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking: New ISIS video shows English-speaking boy beheading man
- Panel discussion over politicians using Dalits as vote banks
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads - Part II
- DNA: Analysing problem of traffic jams choking Delhi roads
- Siachen: All 10 missing soldiers hit by avalanche confirmed dead
- Hashim Amla refuses to be interviewed by 'underdressed' Indian TV anchor: Report
- Scariest ever ghosts caught on camera, video goes viral - Watch
- Ravindra Jadeja gets engaged to Rajkot-based mechanical engineer Reeva Solanki
- 'Selfie' with Bulandshahr DM B Chandrakala lands 18-year-old in jail
- Smoking hot! Deepika Padukone's first look in 'xXx' with Vin Diesel creates storm!