Rajnath Singh ducks query on Navjot Singh Sidhu`s outburst
Chandigarh: Embarrassed by the recent outburst of its Amritsar Lok Sabha member Navjot Singh Sidhu against the Akali Dal-BJP alliance government in Punjab, the BJP on Monday tried to play down the controversy saying that it was a "minor issue".
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh said here that the issue between Sidhu and the state government was a "small one" and would be taken care of.
"There is no major problem. I am aware of it. I have spoken to all (concerned). It will be resolved," the BJP president, who was in the city on Monday to meet party core committees of Haryana, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh.
Sidhu, who remained absent from his constituency for nearly eight months, returned to Amritsar recently. He lashed out at the Parkash Singh Badal government for not doing enough for the development of Amritsar despite it being a Sikh holy city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands