Rajnath Singh ducks query on Navjot Singh Sidhu`s outburst
Chandigarh: Embarrassed by the recent outburst of its Amritsar Lok Sabha member Navjot Singh Sidhu against the Akali Dal-BJP alliance government in Punjab, the BJP on Monday tried to play down the controversy saying that it was a "minor issue".
Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) president Rajnath Singh said here that the issue between Sidhu and the state government was a "small one" and would be taken care of.
"There is no major problem. I am aware of it. I have spoken to all (concerned). It will be resolved," the BJP president, who was in the city on Monday to meet party core committees of Haryana, Punjab, Jammu and Kashmir, Himachal Pradesh and Chandigarh.
Sidhu, who remained absent from his constituency for nearly eight months, returned to Amritsar recently. He lashed out at the Parkash Singh Badal government for not doing enough for the development of Amritsar despite it being a Sikh holy city.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan