Rajoana against anyone defending him
Fatehgarh Sahab: Balwant Singh Rajoana, a convict on death row in connection with the assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, has said that he did not want anyone to defend him.
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) president and former IPS officer Simranjit Singh Mann had recently sought stay Rajoana`s hanging.
"I have no need of Mann or need for sympathy of any other Congress agent," Rajoana said in a letter purported to have been written by him and released by his sister Kamaldeep Kaur here.
In his letter which was addressed to the Sikh community, Rajoana said he has no relations with Mann.
Rajoana said Mann should not worry about his (Rajoana`s) body which he had already donated to a hospital.
Rajoana was a party to the assassination of Beant Singh and sixteen others. They were killed by a human bomb at Punjab civil secretariat on August 31, 1995. Rajoana was sentenced to death in 2006.
Rajoana`s hanging was scheduled to take place on March 31, 2012 but was postponed in wake of a review petition moved before President of India by SGPC and Badal Dal.
His mercy petition is pending with the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH