Rajoana against anyone defending him
Fatehgarh Sahab: Balwant Singh Rajoana, a convict on death row in connection with the assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, has said that he did not want anyone to defend him.
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) president and former IPS officer Simranjit Singh Mann had recently sought stay Rajoana`s hanging.
"I have no need of Mann or need for sympathy of any other Congress agent," Rajoana said in a letter purported to have been written by him and released by his sister Kamaldeep Kaur here.
In his letter which was addressed to the Sikh community, Rajoana said he has no relations with Mann.
Rajoana said Mann should not worry about his (Rajoana`s) body which he had already donated to a hospital.
Rajoana was a party to the assassination of Beant Singh and sixteen others. They were killed by a human bomb at Punjab civil secretariat on August 31, 1995. Rajoana was sentenced to death in 2006.
Rajoana`s hanging was scheduled to take place on March 31, 2012 but was postponed in wake of a review petition moved before President of India by SGPC and Badal Dal.
His mercy petition is pending with the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- More than 8 lakh people affected by flood in UP
- Virender Sehwag fulfills Sakshi Malik's desire to meet him; this tweet tells how GLAD he is
- Asked to remove pugree at US embassy, BJP MP refuses to take visa
- Pink Ball Test: Jury still out on sighting, no reverse swing for pacers or turn for spinners
- RCom-Aircel expected to sign merger deal by Sept 1st week