Rajoana against anyone defending him
Fatehgarh Sahab: Balwant Singh Rajoana, a convict on death row in connection with the assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, has said that he did not want anyone to defend him.
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) president and former IPS officer Simranjit Singh Mann had recently sought stay Rajoana`s hanging.
"I have no need of Mann or need for sympathy of any other Congress agent," Rajoana said in a letter purported to have been written by him and released by his sister Kamaldeep Kaur here.
In his letter which was addressed to the Sikh community, Rajoana said he has no relations with Mann.
Rajoana said Mann should not worry about his (Rajoana`s) body which he had already donated to a hospital.
Rajoana was a party to the assassination of Beant Singh and sixteen others. They were killed by a human bomb at Punjab civil secretariat on August 31, 1995. Rajoana was sentenced to death in 2006.
Rajoana`s hanging was scheduled to take place on March 31, 2012 but was postponed in wake of a review petition moved before President of India by SGPC and Badal Dal.
His mercy petition is pending with the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- RJD strongman Shahabuddin brought to Delhi
- UP elections in third phase; voting on 69 seats of 12 districts
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- 'BJP is winning by absolute majority in Uttar Pradesh Assembly elections'
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- J&K: 26 soldiers martyred, 22 militants killed as Army steps up security in Valley
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating on 'record' Puma deal