Rajoana against anyone defending him
Fatehgarh Sahab: Balwant Singh Rajoana, a convict on death row in connection with the assassination of former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, has said that he did not want anyone to defend him.
Shiromani Akali Dal (Amritsar) president and former IPS officer Simranjit Singh Mann had recently sought stay Rajoana`s hanging.
"I have no need of Mann or need for sympathy of any other Congress agent," Rajoana said in a letter purported to have been written by him and released by his sister Kamaldeep Kaur here.
In his letter which was addressed to the Sikh community, Rajoana said he has no relations with Mann.
Rajoana said Mann should not worry about his (Rajoana`s) body which he had already donated to a hospital.
Rajoana was a party to the assassination of Beant Singh and sixteen others. They were killed by a human bomb at Punjab civil secretariat on August 31, 1995. Rajoana was sentenced to death in 2006.
Rajoana`s hanging was scheduled to take place on March 31, 2012 but was postponed in wake of a review petition moved before President of India by SGPC and Badal Dal.
His mercy petition is pending with the President.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India