Rajoana to field candidate against Preneet, Bittu
Patiala: Balwant Singh Rajoana, a death row convict for assassinating former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, has said he will field his candidate against members of the erstwhile royal family of Patiala.
In a letter written from the central jail, which was released by his sister to the media, Rajoana said he would field a candidate either in Patiala or Anandpur Sahib.
Rajoana alleged that both the seats were being represented by the erstwhile royal family of Patiala, which was working against Sikhs and Khalsa Panth.
Patiala seat is being represented by Preneet Kaur, wife of Amarinder Singh, since last 14 years, while Ravneet Singh Bittu, grandson of Beant Singh, represents Anandpur Sahib seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- VIDEO: Shikhar Dhawan reveals impact of Yuvraj Singh in India dressing room
- Kidnappers treated me well, gave me money to reach home: Snapdeal executive Dipti Sarna's 36-hour ordeal
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- Valentine week: Celebrate 'Kiss Day' with these unique kisses!