Rajoana to field candidate against Preneet, Bittu
Patiala: Balwant Singh Rajoana, a death row convict for assassinating former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, has said he will field his candidate against members of the erstwhile royal family of Patiala.
In a letter written from the central jail, which was released by his sister to the media, Rajoana said he would field a candidate either in Patiala or Anandpur Sahib.
Rajoana alleged that both the seats were being represented by the erstwhile royal family of Patiala, which was working against Sikhs and Khalsa Panth.
Patiala seat is being represented by Preneet Kaur, wife of Amarinder Singh, since last 14 years, while Ravneet Singh Bittu, grandson of Beant Singh, represents Anandpur Sahib seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy
- Gurmehar Kaur controversy: Twitter turns into battleground after Virender Sehwag trolls Kargil martyr's daughter