Rajoana to field candidate against Preneet, Bittu
Patiala: Balwant Singh Rajoana, a death row convict for assassinating former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, has said he will field his candidate against members of the erstwhile royal family of Patiala.
In a letter written from the central jail, which was released by his sister to the media, Rajoana said he would field a candidate either in Patiala or Anandpur Sahib.
Rajoana alleged that both the seats were being represented by the erstwhile royal family of Patiala, which was working against Sikhs and Khalsa Panth.
Patiala seat is being represented by Preneet Kaur, wife of Amarinder Singh, since last 14 years, while Ravneet Singh Bittu, grandson of Beant Singh, represents Anandpur Sahib seat.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- DNA: Heart-wrenching reality of Kashmiri pandits
- DNA: Bengaluru's Mount Carmel college students show country's ideology to Rahul Gandhi
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Yuvraj Singh completes 8000 runs in first class cricket
- Details out: What Rahul Gandhi did during his two-month-long sabbatical