Rajoana to field candidate against Preneet, Bittu
Patiala: Balwant Singh Rajoana, a death row convict for assassinating former Punjab Chief Minister Beant Singh, has said he will field his candidate against members of the erstwhile royal family of Patiala.
In a letter written from the central jail, which was released by his sister to the media, Rajoana said he would field a candidate either in Patiala or Anandpur Sahib.
Rajoana alleged that both the seats were being represented by the erstwhile royal family of Patiala, which was working against Sikhs and Khalsa Panth.
Patiala seat is being represented by Preneet Kaur, wife of Amarinder Singh, since last 14 years, while Ravneet Singh Bittu, grandson of Beant Singh, represents Anandpur Sahib seat.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi silent on scams like Manmohan Singh: Arvind Kejriwal
- French Open 2016: Rafael Nadal and Novak Djokovic roll on, symmetry for Williams sisters
- Premier League: Jose Mourinho all set to take control at Manchester United
- Zika not a reason to cancel Rio Olympics, says US health official
- Mamata Banerjee sworn-in as West Bengal CM: As it happened