Raninder defends father Amarinder Singh
Ludhiana: Raninder Singh, who had
unsuccessfully contested the recent Punjab assembly polls,
on Saturday came in strong defence of his father and PCC chief
Amarinder Singh, saying it was not fair to put blame on him
alone for Congress` poor electoral show.
Raninder, who lost in Samana constituency, called for
complete unity in the rank and file of the party and not to be
lost in the maze of mutual mudslinging or bickering.
The debacle suffered by Congress in the elections needs
introspection, he said adding "it is not time for raising
accusing fingers at one or the other at this crucial hour when
we are going to face elections once again including the
municipal corporations and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls," Raninder
told reporters here.
Raninder was here in connection with a court appearance
in the multi-crore Ludhiana City Centre (LCC) scam in which
he, along with his father and brother-in-law Ramminder Singh
`Richhi` are among the accused.
Ever since Congress` defeat, Amarinder`s detractors have
been training the guns at him and asking him to step down as
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH