Raninder defends father Amarinder Singh
Ludhiana: Raninder Singh, who had
unsuccessfully contested the recent Punjab assembly polls,
on Saturday came in strong defence of his father and PCC chief
Amarinder Singh, saying it was not fair to put blame on him
alone for Congress` poor electoral show.
Raninder, who lost in Samana constituency, called for
complete unity in the rank and file of the party and not to be
lost in the maze of mutual mudslinging or bickering.
The debacle suffered by Congress in the elections needs
introspection, he said adding "it is not time for raising
accusing fingers at one or the other at this crucial hour when
we are going to face elections once again including the
municipal corporations and the 2014 Lok Sabha polls," Raninder
told reporters here.
Raninder was here in connection with a court appearance
in the multi-crore Ludhiana City Centre (LCC) scam in which
he, along with his father and brother-in-law Ramminder Singh
`Richhi` are among the accused.
Ever since Congress` defeat, Amarinder`s detractors have
been training the guns at him and asking him to step down as
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'