Rape accused beaten up in jail
Sangrur (Punjab): A rape accused sustained several head injuries in district jail here after getting into a fight with two inmates, who were arguing among themselves that those convicted of rape should be hanged, jail authorities said.
Harvinder Singh was severely injured when he fought with Gursewak Singh and another inmate,District Jail Superintendent Jaswant Kumar Sharma said.
He was rushed to Sangrur civil hospital where he was admitted in surgical ward, Sharma said.
SMO Balwant Singh at civil hospital said he could divulge details of the head injuries only after receiving X-ray report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened