Rape accused beaten up in jail
Sangrur (Punjab): A rape accused sustained several head injuries in district jail here after getting into a fight with two inmates, who were arguing among themselves that those convicted of rape should be hanged, jail authorities said.
Harvinder Singh was severely injured when he fought with Gursewak Singh and another inmate,District Jail Superintendent Jaswant Kumar Sharma said.
He was rushed to Sangrur civil hospital where he was admitted in surgical ward, Sharma said.
SMO Balwant Singh at civil hospital said he could divulge details of the head injuries only after receiving X-ray report.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka bandh tomorrow; film theatres to remain closed, protests grow – More details
- HC upholds summoning of Vijay Mallya in cheque-bounce cases
- Scientists identify key protein that can predict ovarian cancer early!
- Report on roadmap to double farmers' income by Sept: Govt
- Sugar prices up in Delhi by Rs 2 in June-July at Rs 40-41 per kg