Rape bid foiled after girl`s aunt raises alarm
Patiala: An apparent rape bid on a 19-year-old was on Monday foiled in Rajpura area of the district when two youths, who were allegedly trying to abduct her, were forced to flee after the girl`s aunt raised an alarm.
The youths, after giving the girl some sedative-laced food along with alcohol, were trying to take her forcibly on their motrocycle, SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said.
The girl`s aunt, however, saw them trying to abduct her and subsequently raised an alarm, forcing them to free from the spot, he added.
According to SP (Rajpura) Bhupinder Singh Khatra, a case under relevant Sections of IPC has been registered into the matter and efforts are on to arrest the two youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list