Rape bid foiled after girl`s aunt raises alarm
Patiala: An apparent rape bid on a 19-year-old was on Monday foiled in Rajpura area of the district when two youths, who were allegedly trying to abduct her, were forced to flee after the girl`s aunt raised an alarm.
The youths, after giving the girl some sedative-laced food along with alcohol, were trying to take her forcibly on their motrocycle, SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said.
The girl`s aunt, however, saw them trying to abduct her and subsequently raised an alarm, forcing them to free from the spot, he added.
According to SP (Rajpura) Bhupinder Singh Khatra, a case under relevant Sections of IPC has been registered into the matter and efforts are on to arrest the two youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt