Rape bid foiled after girl`s aunt raises alarm
Patiala: An apparent rape bid on a 19-year-old was on Monday foiled in Rajpura area of the district when two youths, who were allegedly trying to abduct her, were forced to flee after the girl`s aunt raised an alarm.
The youths, after giving the girl some sedative-laced food along with alcohol, were trying to take her forcibly on their motrocycle, SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said.
The girl`s aunt, however, saw them trying to abduct her and subsequently raised an alarm, forcing them to free from the spot, he added.
According to SP (Rajpura) Bhupinder Singh Khatra, a case under relevant Sections of IPC has been registered into the matter and efforts are on to arrest the two youths.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy