Rape bid foiled after girl`s aunt raises alarm
Patiala: An apparent rape bid on a 19-year-old was on Monday foiled in Rajpura area of the district when two youths, who were allegedly trying to abduct her, were forced to flee after the girl`s aunt raised an alarm.
The youths, after giving the girl some sedative-laced food along with alcohol, were trying to take her forcibly on their motrocycle, SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said.
The girl`s aunt, however, saw them trying to abduct her and subsequently raised an alarm, forcing them to free from the spot, he added.
According to SP (Rajpura) Bhupinder Singh Khatra, a case under relevant Sections of IPC has been registered into the matter and efforts are on to arrest the two youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far