Rape bid foiled after girl`s aunt raises alarm
Patiala: An apparent rape bid on a 19-year-old was on Monday foiled in Rajpura area of the district when two youths, who were allegedly trying to abduct her, were forced to flee after the girl`s aunt raised an alarm.
The youths, after giving the girl some sedative-laced food along with alcohol, were trying to take her forcibly on their motrocycle, SSP Gurpreet Singh Gill said.
The girl`s aunt, however, saw them trying to abduct her and subsequently raised an alarm, forcing them to free from the spot, he added.
According to SP (Rajpura) Bhupinder Singh Khatra, a case under relevant Sections of IPC has been registered into the matter and efforts are on to arrest the two youths.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- India's second deadliest heatwave kills more than 2000 people
- My News: People forced to pay for govt water tankers in Sangam Vihar
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena
- Anti-minority remarks by Sangh Parivar leaders 'uncalled for': Narendra Modi