Rape victim`s family allege police inaction
Gurdaspur (Punjab): The rapist and murderers of a 13-year-old girl remains at large even after 23 days of the incident due to police "apathy", the victim`s family has alleged.
The victim`s family and social activists on Friday protested near Gurdaspur Deputy Commissioner Abhinav Trikha`s office against the police inability to nab the culprits.
Bakshish Singh, father of the victim, told reporters that while the police have been promising that the culprits will be brought to book within a week, police have been unable to nab the culprits even after 23 days of the crime.
While Dorangla SHO Raj Kumar was shifted on December 12 for his inefficiency to solve the case, the present SHO Ravinder Singh Ruby has also not done anything, Singh said.
A case of rape and murder under Sec 376 and 302 has been filed against unidentified culprits, Ruby said.
Gurdaspur SSP Raj Jeet Singh was not available for his comment.
The minor was found murdered in a sugarcane field at Hassanpur village on December 5 after she did not return home after schooling. A medical examination had confirmed that the victim was raped, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Rajnath slams UPA for coining 'Hindu terrorists', Congress accuses BJP of playing politics on terror