Rape victim`s family allege police inaction
Gurdaspur (Punjab): The rapist and murderers of a 13-year-old girl remains at large even after 23 days of the incident due to police "apathy", the victim`s family has alleged.
The victim`s family and social activists on Friday protested near Gurdaspur Deputy Commissioner Abhinav Trikha`s office against the police inability to nab the culprits.
Bakshish Singh, father of the victim, told reporters that while the police have been promising that the culprits will be brought to book within a week, police have been unable to nab the culprits even after 23 days of the crime.
While Dorangla SHO Raj Kumar was shifted on December 12 for his inefficiency to solve the case, the present SHO Ravinder Singh Ruby has also not done anything, Singh said.
A case of rape and murder under Sec 376 and 302 has been filed against unidentified culprits, Ruby said.
Gurdaspur SSP Raj Jeet Singh was not available for his comment.
The minor was found murdered in a sugarcane field at Hassanpur village on December 5 after she did not return home after schooling. A medical examination had confirmed that the victim was raped, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report