`Rave` party busted in Chandigarh, probe ordered
Chandigarh: Police raided an alleged rave party at a local club being attended by youths from the city and Delhi and arrested at least 10 youths following ruckus.
The party organised at the local Lake club last night turned ugly with police driving the revellers out after they tried to enter the swimming pool.
At least 10 persons have been arrested in this connection, police sources said.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Mahavir Kaushik has been asked to enquire into the incident and submit a report to take further action if any other offence is made out and if other administrative action is required, an official spokesman said here.
"He will look into the whole process to find out whether any offence is made out under excise act in this case. In addition he will suggest measures to prevent such happening in future," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Rajiv Tuli, the general manager of the club had been suspended pending enquiry, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan