`Rave` party busted in Chandigarh, probe ordered
Chandigarh: Police raided an alleged rave party at a local club being attended by youths from the city and Delhi and arrested at least 10 youths following ruckus.
The party organised at the local Lake club last night turned ugly with police driving the revellers out after they tried to enter the swimming pool.
At least 10 persons have been arrested in this connection, police sources said.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Mahavir Kaushik has been asked to enquire into the incident and submit a report to take further action if any other offence is made out and if other administrative action is required, an official spokesman said here.
"He will look into the whole process to find out whether any offence is made out under excise act in this case. In addition he will suggest measures to prevent such happening in future," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Rajiv Tuli, the general manager of the club had been suspended pending enquiry, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks
- Three new suicide attacks in Lebanon village near Syria
- Preparing for Brexit, Britain may see new PM by early September
- US says India has shown sustained commitment to non-proliferation