`Rave` party busted in Chandigarh, probe ordered
Chandigarh: Police raided an alleged rave party at a local club being attended by youths from the city and Delhi and arrested at least 10 youths following ruckus.
The party organised at the local Lake club last night turned ugly with police driving the revellers out after they tried to enter the swimming pool.
At least 10 persons have been arrested in this connection, police sources said.
Additional Deputy Commissioner Mahavir Kaushik has been asked to enquire into the incident and submit a report to take further action if any other offence is made out and if other administrative action is required, an official spokesman said here.
"He will look into the whole process to find out whether any offence is made out under excise act in this case. In addition he will suggest measures to prevent such happening in future," the spokesman said.
Meanwhile, Rajiv Tuli, the general manager of the club had been suspended pending enquiry, the spokesman said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi