RDX, detonator, heroin smuggled from Pak seized in Amritsar
Amritsar: Five smugglers were arrested by the Punjab police here and six kg of RDX, two kg of heroin, 20 detonators and 10 timer devices were seized from their possession.
The accused, residents of Indo-Pak border village Thakarkora and Havelia, were arrested last night by the Special Operation Cell on a tip off, an official said, adding six kg of RDX, two kg of heroin worth Rs 10 crore in the international market, 20 detonators and 10 timer devices were seized from their possession.
The accused have been identified as Malkiat Singh, Sher Singh, Paramjit Singh, Nirmal Singh and Balwinder Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city