RDX, detonator, heroin smuggled from Pak seized in Amritsar
Amritsar: Five smugglers were arrested by the Punjab police here and six kg of RDX, two kg of heroin, 20 detonators and 10 timer devices were seized from their possession.
The accused, residents of Indo-Pak border village Thakarkora and Havelia, were arrested last night by the Special Operation Cell on a tip off, an official said, adding six kg of RDX, two kg of heroin worth Rs 10 crore in the international market, 20 detonators and 10 timer devices were seized from their possession.
The accused have been identified as Malkiat Singh, Sher Singh, Paramjit Singh, Nirmal Singh and Balwinder Singh.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!