Ready to bear expenses for return of Punjabis from Iraq: Parkash Singh Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said his government would bear the "entire expenditure for safe return of Punjabis who have been abducted in Iraq".
"Badal told the Centre the state government will bear the entire expenditure for the safe return of these Punjabis (from Iraq)," an official statement quoting the Chief Minister said here.
Badal also called up External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to secure the release of Punjabis "abducted" in Iraq. Seeking prompt intervention of the Union government to immediately bring back Punjabis to their motherland, Badal said the Centre should make all out efforts for ensuring the safe release of all these Punjabis.
"It is high time the Union government must exploit all diplomatic channels for bringing back these Punjabis from Iraq," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch - Parrikar's reply to Mamata's military coup claim
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video