Ready to bear expenses for return of Punjabis from Iraq: Parkash Singh Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said his government would bear the "entire expenditure for safe return of Punjabis who have been abducted in Iraq".
"Badal told the Centre the state government will bear the entire expenditure for the safe return of these Punjabis (from Iraq)," an official statement quoting the Chief Minister said here.
Badal also called up External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to secure the release of Punjabis "abducted" in Iraq. Seeking prompt intervention of the Union government to immediately bring back Punjabis to their motherland, Badal said the Centre should make all out efforts for ensuring the safe release of all these Punjabis.
"It is high time the Union government must exploit all diplomatic channels for bringing back these Punjabis from Iraq," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections