Ready to bear expenses for return of Punjabis from Iraq: Parkash Singh Badal
Chandigarh: Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal today said his government would bear the "entire expenditure for safe return of Punjabis who have been abducted in Iraq".
"Badal told the Centre the state government will bear the entire expenditure for the safe return of these Punjabis (from Iraq)," an official statement quoting the Chief Minister said here.
Badal also called up External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj to secure the release of Punjabis "abducted" in Iraq. Seeking prompt intervention of the Union government to immediately bring back Punjabis to their motherland, Badal said the Centre should make all out efforts for ensuring the safe release of all these Punjabis.
"It is high time the Union government must exploit all diplomatic channels for bringing back these Punjabis from Iraq," he said.
- Kejriwal govt vs Centre: Delhi High Court seeks response from Modi governnment
- Indian Premier League: Here's what original mystery spinner Paul Adams said about Shivil Kaushik!
- 'Deal between PM Modi and Italy to fix Sonia Gandhi': BJP moves privilege motion against Ghulam Nabi Azad
- Nine Taliban militants killed in IED blast in Afghanistan's Badakhshan province
- WATCH: HILARIOUS! When Australian all-rounder James Faulkner turned Gujarati for a day