Rebels` activities helping SAD-BJP govt: Amarinder Singh
Patti: Facing a challenge to his leadership from a section of party leaders, Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the activities of party rebels were helping the SAD-BJP government in the state.
At a time when the Congress had launched an action programme against the coalition government, the activities of Congress rebels were indeed helping the SAD-BJP dispensation, he told reporters in Tarn Taran.
On his detractors demanding a change in the party leadership in the state, Amarinder said he really did not know at whose behest they were doing it, but their activities were indeed helping the SAD-BJP combine.
On allegations that he was not accessible, he asked "how come they (his detractors) realised this only after the Punjab assembly election."
"During the past 14 years, I have been at the forefront holding various positions like that of the Chief Minister, the PCC president and the chairman of the campaign committee, " he said.
Asked whether he planned to take any action against the rebels, the PCC president said he had always treated everybody as his colleague and friend.
Amarinder, facing a challenge to his leadership from a section of leaders after the party`s debacle at the hustings this year, asserted the Congress in the state was united.
On his appeal to other opposition parties to take part in anti-government sit-ins, he said this was related only to a particular issue of staging protests against "anti-people" policies of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Are educational institutions becoming a tool to showcase anti-national agendas?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Maharajganj
- 15-year old girl stabbed to death in Mumbai
- DU Student Clash : Confrontation among students becomes sensitive, AISA to carry flag march today
- DNA: Post demonetisation, India records 7% GDP growth rate in Q3
- Gurmehar Kaur row: Girl who got 'Shiva stole' gift from PM Narendra Modi says she got rape threat from Congress politician
- Muslims should be cremated, there's no space to bury 20 cr people: BJP MP Sakshi Maharaj
- Yogeshwar Dutt takes a dig at Javed Akhtar after being called 'a hardly literate wrestler'
- Gurmehar-ABVP ruckus: Virender Sehwag represents BCCI not India, says Umar Khalid
- No AC, mattress for Sasikala in prison, confirms DIG; may not be shifted to Chennai jail