Rebels` activities helping SAD-BJP govt: Amarinder Singh
Patti: Facing a challenge to his leadership from a section of party leaders, Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the activities of party rebels were helping the SAD-BJP government in the state.
At a time when the Congress had launched an action programme against the coalition government, the activities of Congress rebels were indeed helping the SAD-BJP dispensation, he told reporters in Tarn Taran.
On his detractors demanding a change in the party leadership in the state, Amarinder said he really did not know at whose behest they were doing it, but their activities were indeed helping the SAD-BJP combine.
On allegations that he was not accessible, he asked "how come they (his detractors) realised this only after the Punjab assembly election."
"During the past 14 years, I have been at the forefront holding various positions like that of the Chief Minister, the PCC president and the chairman of the campaign committee, " he said.
Asked whether he planned to take any action against the rebels, the PCC president said he had always treated everybody as his colleague and friend.
Amarinder, facing a challenge to his leadership from a section of leaders after the party`s debacle at the hustings this year, asserted the Congress in the state was united.
On his appeal to other opposition parties to take part in anti-government sit-ins, he said this was related only to a particular issue of staging protests against "anti-people" policies of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Arunachal Pradesh gets 2000 km strategic road for development
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: PM Modi's 23rd edition of Mann ki Baat
- Vishal Dadlani apologises after tweet on Jain monk backfires
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Traditional Indian diet dramatically cuts Alzheimer's risk
- Carnage in Florida: KL Rahul, Evin Lewis tons laid foundation for West Indies-India T20I run mountain
- Over 34,500 criminals sentenced in 1 year in UP: DGP(Prosecution)
- Venezuela sends opposition leader back to jail, expels Ecuadoran lawmakers
- Burhan Wani's father meets Sri Sri Ravi Shankar