Rebels` activities helping SAD-BJP govt: Amarinder Singh
Patti: Facing a challenge to his leadership from a section of party leaders, Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh on Sunday said the activities of party rebels were helping the SAD-BJP government in the state.
At a time when the Congress had launched an action programme against the coalition government, the activities of Congress rebels were indeed helping the SAD-BJP dispensation, he told reporters in Tarn Taran.
On his detractors demanding a change in the party leadership in the state, Amarinder said he really did not know at whose behest they were doing it, but their activities were indeed helping the SAD-BJP combine.
On allegations that he was not accessible, he asked "how come they (his detractors) realised this only after the Punjab assembly election."
"During the past 14 years, I have been at the forefront holding various positions like that of the Chief Minister, the PCC president and the chairman of the campaign committee, " he said.
Asked whether he planned to take any action against the rebels, the PCC president said he had always treated everybody as his colleague and friend.
Amarinder, facing a challenge to his leadership from a section of leaders after the party`s debacle at the hustings this year, asserted the Congress in the state was united.
On his appeal to other opposition parties to take part in anti-government sit-ins, he said this was related only to a particular issue of staging protests against "anti-people" policies of the state government.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says