Reduce cap on poll expenditure: Hindu Mahasabha
Jalandhar: All India Hindu Mahasabha Wednesday
urged the Election Commission to reduce the ceiling on electoral expenditure as part of stricter measures to check the use of money power.
The organisation has written to the Chief Election
Commissioner suggesting that the cap on Lok Sabha and Assembly
poll expenses be reduced to Rs 1 lakh and Rs 50,000,
respectively from Rs 40 lakh and Rs 16 lakh at present, a
spokesman of the group, Jang Bahadur Kshatriya said.
"A common man cannot afford to fight elections by raising
so much money. Such huge amounts are bound to lead to
corruption," he claimed.
The group also wants local body poll expenses to be
capped at Rs 30,000, and wants the EC to directly control
the election campaigns of all candidates.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report