Respite from cold in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions abated a bit in most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Saturday as minimum temperature rose by up to six notches above normal in both states.
Chandigarh saw a low of 8.1 deg C, up by three notches above normal, the Met office said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a minimum of 10.4 deg C, up by six degrees above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had minimum temperature of 8.8 deg C and 7.4 deg C.
In Haryana, Karnal recorded the lowest at 5 deg C, down by 2 degrees below normal.
Ambala and Hisar recorded a low of 7.6 deg C and 8 deg C respectively. Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded night temperature at 8.5 deg C and 8.2 deg C.
Cloudy conditions also prevailed in various parts of Punjab and Haryana due to western disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk
- Panel discussion on Vishal Dadlani's controversial tweet on Jain monk - Part II
- Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra honoured in Haryana
- Watch: Essel Group Chairman Dr Subhash Chandra addresses people of Haryana
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Bitter boxer Manoj Kumar appeals for PM's intervention to clear Indian boxing mess
- Finance Ministry recommends CBI probe into 80 kg of missing gold from IGI Airport
- Hotel rooms are so mainstream! Rent a vacation home this time
- Sporting Lisbon's Joao Mario completes record EUR 45-million move to Inter Milan
- Top seven cos take cumulative hit of Rs 29,907 cr in m-cap