Respite from cold in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions abated a bit in most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Saturday as minimum temperature rose by up to six notches above normal in both states.
Chandigarh saw a low of 8.1 deg C, up by three notches above normal, the Met office said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a minimum of 10.4 deg C, up by six degrees above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had minimum temperature of 8.8 deg C and 7.4 deg C.
In Haryana, Karnal recorded the lowest at 5 deg C, down by 2 degrees below normal.
Ambala and Hisar recorded a low of 7.6 deg C and 8 deg C respectively. Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded night temperature at 8.5 deg C and 8.2 deg C.
Cloudy conditions also prevailed in various parts of Punjab and Haryana due to western disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Iraqi army inches close to Baghdadi in Mosul- Report
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Rahul Dravid heaps praise on Virat Kohli, R Ashwin; calls duo modern cricket legends