Respite from cold in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions abated a bit in most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Saturday as minimum temperature rose by up to six notches above normal in both states.
Chandigarh saw a low of 8.1 deg C, up by three notches above normal, the Met office said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a minimum of 10.4 deg C, up by six degrees above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had minimum temperature of 8.8 deg C and 7.4 deg C.
In Haryana, Karnal recorded the lowest at 5 deg C, down by 2 degrees below normal.
Ambala and Hisar recorded a low of 7.6 deg C and 8 deg C respectively. Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded night temperature at 8.5 deg C and 8.2 deg C.
Cloudy conditions also prevailed in various parts of Punjab and Haryana due to western disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices?
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part II
- Onion farmers' woes: Why are farmers forced to sell onions at lower prices? - Part III
- Clash between two football players leaves one dead
- Is the bread you are buying increasing your risk of cancer?