Respite from cold in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Cold conditions abated a bit in most parts of Punjab and Haryana on Saturday as minimum temperature rose by up to six notches above normal in both states.
Chandigarh saw a low of 8.1 deg C, up by three notches above normal, the Met office said here today.
In Punjab, Amritsar recorded a minimum of 10.4 deg C, up by six degrees above normal while Ludhiana and Patiala had minimum temperature of 8.8 deg C and 7.4 deg C.
In Haryana, Karnal recorded the lowest at 5 deg C, down by 2 degrees below normal.
Ambala and Hisar recorded a low of 7.6 deg C and 8 deg C respectively. Narnaul and Bhiwani recorded night temperature at 8.5 deg C and 8.2 deg C.
Cloudy conditions also prevailed in various parts of Punjab and Haryana due to western disturbances.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof