Respite from heat continues in large parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Large parts of Punjab and Haryana, including Chandigarh, had respite from the sizzling heat for the second day on Sunday, with maximum temperatures settling a few notches below normal level.
Chandigarh recorded a maximum temperature of 35.4 deg C, down four degrees, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana and Patiala in Punjab recorded respective maximum of 38.5 deg C and 37.3 deg C, two and three degrees below normal.
Amritsar, however, remained hot at 42.4 deg C, but the maximum in the holy city was down by over three notches since yesterday.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a high of 35.4 deg C, down four notches while Karnal`s maximum settled at 36 deg C.
Hisar`s high settled at 40.2 deg C, two below normal while Narnaul braved a hot day at 42 deg C.
The MeT office has forecast possibility of dust storm or thunder storm lashing isolated parts of the two states over the next two days.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand