Respite from heat continues in large parts of Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: Large parts of Punjab and Haryana, including Chandigarh, had respite from the sizzling heat for the second day on Sunday, with maximum temperatures settling a few notches below normal level.
Chandigarh recorded a maximum temperature of 35.4 deg C, down four degrees, the MeT office said here.
Ludhiana and Patiala in Punjab recorded respective maximum of 38.5 deg C and 37.3 deg C, two and three degrees below normal.
Amritsar, however, remained hot at 42.4 deg C, but the maximum in the holy city was down by over three notches since yesterday.
In Haryana, Ambala recorded a high of 35.4 deg C, down four notches while Karnal`s maximum settled at 36 deg C.
Hisar`s high settled at 40.2 deg C, two below normal while Narnaul braved a hot day at 42 deg C.
The MeT office has forecast possibility of dust storm or thunder storm lashing isolated parts of the two states over the next two days.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed