Respite from heat wave in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: There was a slight respite from heat wave on Monday as maximum temperature dipped by few notches in many places of Punjab and Haryana.
A few places in Punjab and Haryana received rainfall which brought down the temperature, though dusty weather conditions prevailed.
UT Chandigarh recorded maximum of 39.2 deg C with 0.1 mm of rainfall, Met office said here on Monday.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala which has been observing mercury over 43 degrees for the last few days, today recorded maximum temperature at 39.9 deg C and 40.1 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Ambala saw mercury falling by 2 notches below normal as it recorded high of 38.3 deg C.
Narnaul and Bhiwani had a high of 44 deg C each while Hisar and Karnal experienced hot weather at 43.8 deg C and 39 deg C respectively.
Duststorm or thunderstorm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana, Met office in its forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will implement 'One Rank, One Pension' without fail: PM Modi
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar stands in a queue at Pune wedding!
- Delhi: Shakuntala Gamlin writes to LG against AAP minister
- Jharkhand's Health Minister slaps political rival in public
- One Rank, One Pension: What is complicating its implementation? Part-2
- Check CHSE orrisharesults.nic.in, chseodisha.nic.in for Class 12 (Plus Two) Result 2015
- Will ask SC if India can pursue Captain Saurabh Kalia case against Pakistan in ICJ: Sushma Swaraj
- IMD predicts thundershowers in Delhi, Punjab and UP between June 1-3
- Salman, Aamir, Shah Rukh in a film together?
- Even 100 Rahul Gandhis cannot match PM Narendra Modi's mega wave: Shiv Sena