Respite from heat wave in Punjab, Haryana
Chandigarh: There was a slight respite from heat wave on Monday as maximum temperature dipped by few notches in many places of Punjab and Haryana.
A few places in Punjab and Haryana received rainfall which brought down the temperature, though dusty weather conditions prevailed.
UT Chandigarh recorded maximum of 39.2 deg C with 0.1 mm of rainfall, Met office said here on Monday.
In Punjab, Ludhiana and Patiala which has been observing mercury over 43 degrees for the last few days, today recorded maximum temperature at 39.9 deg C and 40.1 deg C respectively.
In Haryana, Ambala saw mercury falling by 2 notches below normal as it recorded high of 38.3 deg C.
Narnaul and Bhiwani had a high of 44 deg C each while Hisar and Karnal experienced hot weather at 43.8 deg C and 39 deg C respectively.
Duststorm or thunderstorm may occur at isolated places in Punjab and Haryana, Met office in its forecast said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal