Retired DSP, NRI among 3 arrested in drug haul case
Fatehgarh Sahib: A retired DSP of Uttar Pradesh Police and two persons including a UK-based NRI were today arrested in the over Rs 130-crore heroin recovery case in which another NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon was already in police net and Olympic winner Vijender Singh was quizzed last week.
A Punjab Police spokesman said retired DSP Kirpal Singh was arrested from Meerut where he was running a pharmaceutical factory. He is believed to be one of the main suppliers of raw materials including Amphetamine used in the production of `ice` and other similar substances. Around 30 kg of raw material used for production of `ice` was also recovered.
The second arrested person was identified as Harpreet Singh from Patiala who was a conduit between the suppliers and those who sent and distributed the drug abroad.
UK citizen Kulwant Singh, originally from Phagwara in Kapurthala district was the organiser of the distribution network in Europe and Canada, where this gang used to send the drugs, police said.
He was arrested from a hotel in the Mahipalpur area of New Delhi by a Punjab Police team.
Kulwant Singh was planning to fly out of the country tomorrow. His ticket has been seized.
With today`s arrest the total number of those nabbed in the case has risen to 11, including Kahlon.
Besides Kahlon seven others including his driver Kulwinder Singh alias Rockey, Kuldip Singh (father of Rockey), Sandeep Singh (brother in law of Rockey), Gabbar Singh, Manpreet Singh Gill alias Mani, an employee of a Ludhiana- based pharma company Sunil Katyal and Ludhiana chemist C P Yadav have been arrested
Besides Paramjit Singh Gulati, who was lodged in Tihar Jail, and Amandeep Singh, lodged in Burail Jail in Chandigarh, in connection with some drug-related cases have been brought here on production warrants.
The spokesman said that the Intelligence Wing of Punjab Police is doing the requisite liaison with UK and Canadian Police authorities, who have contacted Punjab Police in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Will India's SAARC summit boycott change Pak's attitude towards terrorism?
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- WATCH: At 430/9, India needed 24 runs to avoid follow on. What Kapil Dev did next will blow your mind!
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list