Retired DSP, NRI among 3 arrested in drug haul case
Fatehgarh Sahib: A retired DSP of Uttar Pradesh Police and two persons including a UK-based NRI were today arrested in the over Rs 130-crore heroin recovery case in which another NRI Anoop Singh Kahlon was already in police net and Olympic winner Vijender Singh was quizzed last week.
A Punjab Police spokesman said retired DSP Kirpal Singh was arrested from Meerut where he was running a pharmaceutical factory. He is believed to be one of the main suppliers of raw materials including Amphetamine used in the production of `ice` and other similar substances. Around 30 kg of raw material used for production of `ice` was also recovered.
The second arrested person was identified as Harpreet Singh from Patiala who was a conduit between the suppliers and those who sent and distributed the drug abroad.
UK citizen Kulwant Singh, originally from Phagwara in Kapurthala district was the organiser of the distribution network in Europe and Canada, where this gang used to send the drugs, police said.
He was arrested from a hotel in the Mahipalpur area of New Delhi by a Punjab Police team.
Kulwant Singh was planning to fly out of the country tomorrow. His ticket has been seized.
With today`s arrest the total number of those nabbed in the case has risen to 11, including Kahlon.
Besides Kahlon seven others including his driver Kulwinder Singh alias Rockey, Kuldip Singh (father of Rockey), Sandeep Singh (brother in law of Rockey), Gabbar Singh, Manpreet Singh Gill alias Mani, an employee of a Ludhiana- based pharma company Sunil Katyal and Ludhiana chemist C P Yadav have been arrested
Besides Paramjit Singh Gulati, who was lodged in Tihar Jail, and Amandeep Singh, lodged in Burail Jail in Chandigarh, in connection with some drug-related cases have been brought here on production warrants.
The spokesman said that the Intelligence Wing of Punjab Police is doing the requisite liaison with UK and Canadian Police authorities, who have contacted Punjab Police in this regard.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened