Road mishap in Punjab, 2 school students killed
Ludhiana: Two school girls were killed and five others injured, including three critically, when a truck crashed through the school boundary wall and hit them on the outskirts of the Ludhiana Industrial Town on Friday.
Earlier this morning, Commissioner of Police of Ludhiana Division, Ishwar Singh, quoting preliminary report had said that five students were killed.
But police later said that the confusion arose because the school authorities had taken three critically injured students as dead.
The truck after jumping the road divider hit the wall of the government primary school at Mangli, which is on the other side of the road.
According to an eye witness account, after breaking the school`s boundary wall, the truck entered the school premises and hit eight students.
While two students died on the spot, others were rushed to the CMC Hospital in the city.
"Ludhiana police have arrested the truck driver Lakhbir Singh and cleaner Thana Singh under various charges including intentional collision and negligent driving," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police NK Sharma.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Anushka Sharma slaps ‘Sultan’ Salman Khan?
- Katrina Kaif’s views on ‘intolerance’ in the country - Here's what the actress said