Road mishap in Punjab, 2 school students killed
Ludhiana: Two school girls were killed and five others injured, including three critically, when a truck crashed through the school boundary wall and hit them on the outskirts of the Ludhiana Industrial Town on Friday.
Earlier this morning, Commissioner of Police of Ludhiana Division, Ishwar Singh, quoting preliminary report had said that five students were killed.
But police later said that the confusion arose because the school authorities had taken three critically injured students as dead.
The truck after jumping the road divider hit the wall of the government primary school at Mangli, which is on the other side of the road.
According to an eye witness account, after breaking the school`s boundary wall, the truck entered the school premises and hit eight students.
While two students died on the spot, others were rushed to the CMC Hospital in the city.
"Ludhiana police have arrested the truck driver Lakhbir Singh and cleaner Thana Singh under various charges including intentional collision and negligent driving," said Additional Deputy Commissioner of Police NK Sharma.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am surviving only on 25% of my liver today, says Big B
- Aamir Khan's 'intolerance' comment kicks up row
- Exclusive: Sudhir Chaudhary in conversation with Aamir Khan on intolerance in India!
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's remark on 'intolerance'
- Rahul Gandhi spotted with hate speech convict Imran Masood in Saharanpur
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India