Rs 20 lakh of fake notes from Pakistan seized: Police
Amritsar: Rs 20 lakh of fake Indian
currency smuggled from Pakistan has been seized, Punjab Police
said here on Saturday.
Shinder Singh was arrested with the money in denominations
of 500, said Manminder Singh of the Special Operations Group
adding that the arrest was a joint effort with the Border
The accused was arrested on the outskirts of the city and
has been booked under sections 489A, B, C, 420, 120-B of the
Indian Penal Code.
Preliminary investigations by the police indicate that the
recovered money was part of a bigger consignment recently
smuggled from Pakistan and efforts are on to unearth the
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Hot alert! Katrina Kaif oozes sex appeal on the cover of Vogue India – See Pic
- Red hot! This TV actress looks unapologetically sexy in bikini – See pics
- Check out! Riteish Deshmukh's colourful 'Banjo' poster
- Tamil Nadu: Two children electrocuted, 40 injured as live wire falls on school bus, probe ordered
- Salman Khan – Sanjay Dutt friendship turns sour?