Rs 20 lakh of fake notes from Pakistan seized: Police
Amritsar: Rs 20 lakh of fake Indian
currency smuggled from Pakistan has been seized, Punjab Police
said here on Saturday.
Shinder Singh was arrested with the money in denominations
of 500, said Manminder Singh of the Special Operations Group
adding that the arrest was a joint effort with the Border
The accused was arrested on the outskirts of the city and
has been booked under sections 489A, B, C, 420, 120-B of the
Indian Penal Code.
Preliminary investigations by the police indicate that the
recovered money was part of a bigger consignment recently
smuggled from Pakistan and efforts are on to unearth the
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Tamasha movie review: Poignant and riveting; Ranbir's the master here!
- It's a Black Hole Friday for NASA!
- Shocking! Anurag Basu feels Salman Khan is ‘boring’?
- Kapil Sharma organises ‘wedding’ ceremony for married Harbhajan Singh, Geeta Basra?
- Kim Jong-Un issues bizarre diktat, asks North Korean men to copy his hairstyle, women to follow his wife