Rs 2,557cr to be spent on Amritsar`s facelift
Chandigarh:”The heritage city of Amritsar is
all set to get a facelift by November when 22 projects to
improve the infrastructure and beautify the city are likely to
be completed at a cost of Rs 2,557 crore.
Reviewing the progress of ongoing development projects at
a high-level meeting here, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh
Badal asked the concerned authorities to expedite the work.
The projects underway included 8-laning of Amritsar Gate-
Bhandari Bridge Road, Multi-lane High Level Bridge on Upper
Bari Doab Canal, 4-laning of Amritsar-Ajnala Airport Road and
2-laning of Amritsar-Bhikhiwind-Khemkaran Road.
Emphasising on early completion of a plaza at Sri Darbar
Sahib (Golden Temple) being constructed at a cost of Rs 80
crore, he asked officials to ensure that no devotee faced any
difficulty due to the construction of the plaza.
He said that while constructing the plaza, focus should be
on serenity and religious importance of Sri Darbar Sahib, and
the Deputy Commissioner should personally monitor the progress
of the project which is of great importance to the Sikhs.
An official spokesman said Badal directed the concerned
authorities to talk to the Railways and initiate construction
work on widening of Bhandari Bridge besides expediting the
ongoing work of Kitchlu Chowk Flyover and 4S Chowk Flyover.
A state-of-the-art gate would be constructed at the
entrance of Amritsar at a cost of Rs 9 crore 160 CCTV cameras
installed at key points in the city area to strengthen
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Ryan child death: Sexual assault allegations should be probed, says Manish Sisodia
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India
- 'Bajirao Mastani' still galloping at box office, mints Rs 350 cr!
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016