Rs 2,557cr to be spent on Amritsar`s facelift
Chandigarh:”The heritage city of Amritsar is
all set to get a facelift by November when 22 projects to
improve the infrastructure and beautify the city are likely to
be completed at a cost of Rs 2,557 crore.
Reviewing the progress of ongoing development projects at
a high-level meeting here, Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh
Badal asked the concerned authorities to expedite the work.
The projects underway included 8-laning of Amritsar Gate-
Bhandari Bridge Road, Multi-lane High Level Bridge on Upper
Bari Doab Canal, 4-laning of Amritsar-Ajnala Airport Road and
2-laning of Amritsar-Bhikhiwind-Khemkaran Road.
Emphasising on early completion of a plaza at Sri Darbar
Sahib (Golden Temple) being constructed at a cost of Rs 80
crore, he asked officials to ensure that no devotee faced any
difficulty due to the construction of the plaza.
He said that while constructing the plaza, focus should be
on serenity and religious importance of Sri Darbar Sahib, and
the Deputy Commissioner should personally monitor the progress
of the project which is of great importance to the Sikhs.
An official spokesman said Badal directed the concerned
authorities to talk to the Railways and initiate construction
work on widening of Bhandari Bridge besides expediting the
ongoing work of Kitchlu Chowk Flyover and 4S Chowk Flyover.
A state-of-the-art gate would be constructed at the
entrance of Amritsar at a cost of Rs 9 crore 160 CCTV cameras
installed at key points in the city area to strengthen
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?
- Is Zakir Naik's foundation converted many to Islam for monetary benefits?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part II
- Why Pakistan commits heinous crime in Balochistan and POK?- Part III
- Narsingh Pancham Yadav doping scandal: He can't do something like this, says Yogeshwar Dutt
- Preparing for your dream job? Opt for an in-person interview
- Maruti Q1 profit soars 23% to Rs 1,486 crore
- 7th Pay Commission: Not appropriate to compare pay hike recommendations with previous ones, says Govt
- Army officer commits suicide