Rs 41 lakh cash seized
Phagwara: Police on Monday seized Rs 41 lakh
unaccounted money during a drive to prevent misuse of funds in
the Punjab Assembly elections.
The unaccounted money was recovered from a person, Gurmukh
Singh of village Atti in Phillaur, SP Kamaljeet Singh Dhillon
Singh was coming towards Phagwara in his car and cash was
seized near village Chachoki.
Income Tax authorities were informed and cash was handed
over to them.
Dhillon said a total of Rs 67.75 lakh has been seized
since the Model Code of Conduct came into force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Baby care during monsoon: Tips to get rid of prickly heat rash in babies!
- Blake Lively feels 'Gossip Girl' reunion will be fun
- England vs Pakistan: Trevor Bayliss keen on hiring Saqlain Mushtaq as bowling consultant
- WATCH: EPIC! Here's who won after The Great Khali and Kane traded brutal chair shots
- India should continue fiscal consolidation for better prospect: IMF