Rs 41 lakh cash seized
Phagwara: Police on Monday seized Rs 41 lakh
unaccounted money during a drive to prevent misuse of funds in
the Punjab Assembly elections.
The unaccounted money was recovered from a person, Gurmukh
Singh of village Atti in Phillaur, SP Kamaljeet Singh Dhillon
Singh was coming towards Phagwara in his car and cash was
seized near village Chachoki.
Income Tax authorities were informed and cash was handed
over to them.
Dhillon said a total of Rs 67.75 lakh has been seized
since the Model Code of Conduct came into force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah Part II
- Uttarakhand: MBBS students builds toilets in a village in Rishikesh
- Digital detox helps to get rid of smartphones addiction
- Watch: Syrian boys crying, hugging each other after their brother is killed in airstrike
- Assocham for penalty waiver in initial phase of GST rollout
- Roberto Martinez announced Thierry Henry as assistant coach for Belgium
- Olympic Dreams: Rickshaw driver buys shooter daughter rifle worth 5 lakh that was saved for her wedding
- Sonam Kapoor to campaign against malnutrition
- Want no cookie cutter beauty queen: Lara Dutta