Rs 41 lakh cash seized
Phagwara: Police on Monday seized Rs 41 lakh
unaccounted money during a drive to prevent misuse of funds in
the Punjab Assembly elections.
The unaccounted money was recovered from a person, Gurmukh
Singh of village Atti in Phillaur, SP Kamaljeet Singh Dhillon
Singh was coming towards Phagwara in his car and cash was
seized near village Chachoki.
Income Tax authorities were informed and cash was handed
over to them.
Dhillon said a total of Rs 67.75 lakh has been seized
since the Model Code of Conduct came into force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- Exclusive: This is what Kashmir's stone pelters have to say!
- India to activate laser walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- Panel discussion on 'Most Favoured Nation' status India accorded to Pakistan in 1996
- Former bureaucrat BK Bansal commits suicide along with his son at Delhi residence
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says
- Rameez Raja picks all-time XI - Three Indians, but just one Pakistani make it to the list
- This Hindu-dominated village in West Bengal is not allowed to organise Durga Puja as Muslims don't want it
- As Pakistan gloats over hosting 70 Russians, 250 Indian Army soldiers renew bonds in Vladivostok