Rs 41 lakh cash seized
Phagwara: Police on Monday seized Rs 41 lakh
unaccounted money during a drive to prevent misuse of funds in
the Punjab Assembly elections.
The unaccounted money was recovered from a person, Gurmukh
Singh of village Atti in Phillaur, SP Kamaljeet Singh Dhillon
Singh was coming towards Phagwara in his car and cash was
seized near village Chachoki.
Income Tax authorities were informed and cash was handed
over to them.
Dhillon said a total of Rs 67.75 lakh has been seized
since the Model Code of Conduct came into force.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- WATCH: When Matthew Renshaw left everybody surprised by 'retiring ill' on Day 1 of India-England Test