Rs 50 lakh medicine gutted as shop catches fire in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Medicines worth over Rs 50 lakh were gutted after a major fire broke out on Sunday at a wholesale chemist shop in Pindi Street area in Ludhiana.
As many as six fire tenders took more than two hours to bring the fire under control, police said.
According to the shop owner, stored drugs estimated to be worth over Rs 50 lakh were destroyed in the fire and the building also suffered damage, they said.
Cause behind the fire is being ascertained but fire officials suspect it could have broken out due to a short circuit, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nawaz Sharif's dream of making Kashmir a terror hell will never come true, says Sushma Swaraj
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar monitors search operations but no sign of missing IAF plane
- President Mukherjee, PM Modi condemns suicide attack in Kabul
- In-form Indian women hockey team beats Canada 3-1
- 'Corporate governance reforms to promote sustainability'
- RSS must come clean on funds collected on Guru Purnima: Digvijaya Singh