Rs 50 lakh medicine gutted as shop catches fire in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Medicines worth over Rs 50 lakh were gutted after a major fire broke out on Sunday at a wholesale chemist shop in Pindi Street area in Ludhiana.
As many as six fire tenders took more than two hours to bring the fire under control, police said.
According to the shop owner, stored drugs estimated to be worth over Rs 50 lakh were destroyed in the fire and the building also suffered damage, they said.
Cause behind the fire is being ascertained but fire officials suspect it could have broken out due to a short circuit, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai