Rs 50 lakh medicine gutted as shop catches fire in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Medicines worth over Rs 50 lakh were gutted after a major fire broke out on Sunday at a wholesale chemist shop in Pindi Street area in Ludhiana.
As many as six fire tenders took more than two hours to bring the fire under control, police said.
According to the shop owner, stored drugs estimated to be worth over Rs 50 lakh were destroyed in the fire and the building also suffered damage, they said.
Cause behind the fire is being ascertained but fire officials suspect it could have broken out due to a short circuit, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray