Rs 50 lakh medicine gutted as shop catches fire in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Medicines worth over Rs 50 lakh were gutted after a major fire broke out on Sunday at a wholesale chemist shop in Pindi Street area in Ludhiana.
As many as six fire tenders took more than two hours to bring the fire under control, police said.
According to the shop owner, stored drugs estimated to be worth over Rs 50 lakh were destroyed in the fire and the building also suffered damage, they said.
Cause behind the fire is being ascertained but fire officials suspect it could have broken out due to a short circuit, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie