Rs 50 lakh medicine gutted as shop catches fire in Ludhiana
Ludhiana: Medicines worth over Rs 50 lakh were gutted after a major fire broke out on Sunday at a wholesale chemist shop in Pindi Street area in Ludhiana.
As many as six fire tenders took more than two hours to bring the fire under control, police said.
According to the shop owner, stored drugs estimated to be worth over Rs 50 lakh were destroyed in the fire and the building also suffered damage, they said.
Cause behind the fire is being ascertained but fire officials suspect it could have broken out due to a short circuit, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet