Rs 7.5 lakh hawala money seized in Kasargod
Kasargod (Kerala): Hawala money to the tune of Rs 7.50 lakh was seized by police and excise officials from a 50-year old man at Pallakadukku in the district near Kerala-Karnataka border during vehicle checks in view of May 5 assembly elections in the neighbouring state.
The seizure was made while the man was going in an autorickshaw with the money, police said.
Vehicle check has been intensified in the border areas in view of the assembly elections in Karnataka, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Shahid Kapoor-Mira Rajput wedding: Check out their first picture as a couple!
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation