Rs 7.5 lakh looted from Ludhiana petrol pump
Ludhiana: Two scooter-borne miscreants allegedly looted Rs 7.5 lakh from a petrol pump located on the Ludhiana-Ferozepur road here, police said today.
The accused reached the petrol pump at Aggar Nagar last night and attacked its manager, Bhagwan Singh, with sticks as he was on his way to deliver the day`s earnings to the owner, they said.
After attacking Singh, the miscreants snatched the bag and fled from the spot, police said. Singh has been admitted to a hospital, where he is undergoing treatment.
A case of robbery has been registered against the unidentified persons, police said, adding, efforts are on to nab the culprits.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- DNA: Gravitational waves detected, proving Einstein right!
- Why Modi never spoke on issues like beef or Muzaffarnagar, asks Manmohan Singh
- 4th ODI: South Africa vs England - Hosts win game by solitary wicket to level series
- JNUSU prez Kanhaiya Kumar sent to 3-day police custody over Afzal Guru row, says being targeted for defeating ABVP in polls
- Ex-Army officers threaten to return JNU degrees against 'anti-national' activities in campus
- Delhi Police issues alert over alleged Hafiz Saeed's tweet backing 'pro-Pak' JNU protesters