Sack jail officials where Jagir is lodged: Cong
Chandigarh: Amidst reports that senior
Punjab minister Bibi Jagir Kaur, convicted in her daughter`s
abduction case, is getting VIP treatment in Kapurthala jail
with prison officials touching her feet, Congress in the state on Saturday demanded the sacking of the officials.
Punjab Congress leader Sukhpal Singh Khaira alleged the
jail officials, in both uniform and plain clothes, touched
Kaur`s feet and VIP treatment was being extended to her
despite being convicted.
"The officials do not bother about the dignity of court
and justice. They are bending before her, touching her
feet..,." he told reporters.
Khaira said Kaur should have been lodged in the central
jail in Patiala where she was convicted and not in a jail in
Kapurthala where she enjoys clout being a MLA from Bholath
"Still better would be to lodge her in a jail outside
Punjab, only then justice can be done," he claimed.
Jagir Kaur was convicted and sentenced to five years
imprisonment by a CBI court in Patiala for conspiring in
forcible abortion and abduction in connection with the
mysterious death of her teenaged daughter Harpreet Kaur 12
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back
- Lodha panel report: CAB cancels AGM after SC's verdict
- Peter Thiel tells Republican convention he is ''proud to be gay''
- Know what Kapil Sharma’s team did the moment ‘bua’ Upasana Singh quit ‘Comedy Nights Live’
- Papua New Guinea leader survives no-confidence vote