SAD-BJP alliance opportunistic and communal: Congress
Baba Bakala: Congress on Wednesday said the political alliance between SAD and BJP in Punjab was "opportunistic and communal" and was not in the interest of peace, prosperity and economic stability of the state.
Addressing a political conference of the party on the occasion of Rakhar Punia festival here, AICC secretary and Punjab affairs in-charge Harish Chaudhary said the SAD-BJP government`s lack of planning and resource mismanagement was behind the state`s poor performance in agriculture and industrial sectors, thus losing its ground nationally.
Chaudhary said the state has failed to utilise the funds provided by the Centre under various schemes.
Alleging that an effective mechanism of administration was missing in the state, he said the Sangat Darshan Programme of Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal was a step towards establishing feudal system in the state.
"People have to wait for months for the Sangat Darshan programme to raise their issues. This is shameful and irritating," he said.
Meanwhile, Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee president Partap Singh Bajwa blamed the state government for allegedly ignoring historical towns in matters of development and making false promises about promoting them for religious tourism in the state.
"Religious tourism had a great potential here but it is suffering due to this government`s lack of vision," he said.
Stating that the state was on the verge of an economic emergency with salaries of government employees for July still pending, Bajwa said, "The economy of state is in such a bad shape that it is only a step short of total bankruptcy."
The SAD-BJP government`s recent tax hikes have not helped the state`s economy, but only added to people`s woes, he said, holding deputy chief minister Sukhbir Singh Badal responsible for the situation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details