`SAD-BJP govt discriminating with education on class basis`
Chandigarh: Hitting out at Deputy Chief Minister Badal`s recent donation to a school in Himachal Pradesh, the Congress on Thursday alleged that the Punjab government had discriminated education on the basis of class.
Addressing a NSUI rally at the Panjab University campus here, the leader alleged that a large number of primary schools in the state did not even posses basic facilities like toilets, benches and fans.
"They (SAD) are giving donations to schools where children of rich and influential persons study, but they don`t have funds for their own schools where children have no benches, no toilets and no fans," Amarinder said.
Yesterday, Punjab and Haryana High Court issued notice to Punjab Government on the donation on a petition filed by a former Congress MLA Sukhpal Singh Khaira, who has sought that it (donation) be withdrawn.
Government, however, had justified the donation saying the 174 year old famous educational institution is under the Central government and the Union HRD secretary is the chairperson of governing body.
Claiming that unemployment had grown during the last seven years of SAD-BJP rule, Amarinder said that he would request Rahul Gandhi, who was also present on the occasion, to lead a delegation of industrialists to Punjab, like he did in Jammu and Kashmir recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof