`SAD-BJP govt discriminating with education on class basis`
Chandigarh: Hitting out at Deputy Chief Minister Badal`s recent donation to a school in Himachal Pradesh, the Congress on Thursday alleged that the Punjab government had discriminated education on the basis of class.
Addressing a NSUI rally at the Panjab University campus here, the leader alleged that a large number of primary schools in the state did not even posses basic facilities like toilets, benches and fans.
"They (SAD) are giving donations to schools where children of rich and influential persons study, but they don`t have funds for their own schools where children have no benches, no toilets and no fans," Amarinder said.
Yesterday, Punjab and Haryana High Court issued notice to Punjab Government on the donation on a petition filed by a former Congress MLA Sukhpal Singh Khaira, who has sought that it (donation) be withdrawn.
Government, however, had justified the donation saying the 174 year old famous educational institution is under the Central government and the Union HRD secretary is the chairperson of governing body.
Claiming that unemployment had grown during the last seven years of SAD-BJP rule, Amarinder said that he would request Rahul Gandhi, who was also present on the occasion, to lead a delegation of industrialists to Punjab, like he did in Jammu and Kashmir recently.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 24 dead after boat carrying 40 capsizes in river Ganga in Patna; many still missing
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: What characteristics define a true leader?
- Tourists flock to Manali as snowfall takes a short break
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- Abhishek Bachchan reveals the moment when Aishwarya Rai said 'yes' to him
- India vs England, 1st ODI: As it happened...
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre