SAD-BJP govt responsible for poor financial condition: Cong
Chandigarh: Punjab Congress chief Mohinder Singh Kay Pee on Saturday held the SAD-BJP government responsible for the "present financial mess whereby the state government is compelled to sell its properties to meet its day-to-day expenditure".
"The Government is unable to meet its daily expenditure
leaving apart taking up of developmental projects. Many
projects started by state Government remain only on paper and
the development of the state is at standstill," Kay Pee said.
He claimed that atmosphere in the state was not conducive
for investment and investors were shying away from mega
projects ever since the SAD-BJP combine came into power three
"Trade and Industry of the state has not been able to
come out of the jolt suffered at the hands of the then Union
Industries Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal (now State`s Deputy
Chief Minister) when the Akalis were in power in the state and
an ally of the NDA regime at the Centre by giving special
concessions to Himachal Pradesh and Rajasthan ignoring
Punjab`s claim as a border state," he said in a statement.
Kay Pee said that "lack of planning and vision in the
Akali leadership has cost the state a number of Centrally
The Government had failed to tackle the issues relating
to land acquisition for Pathankot-Ajmer and Mohali-Jandhar
Expressways, the Congress leader claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- UP Minister allegedly threatens, abuses Gonda businessman
- Manali: Heavy corruption found in environmental taxes
- Five unmanned parachutes spotted over Mumbai airport
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Aapke Sitare: Astro prediction for May 24, 2015
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man?
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- One year of Modi govt: How satisfied is the common man? Part-2
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- IPL 2015 Final: MI vs CSK - As it happened...
- CBSE.nic.in 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board (cbseresults.nic.in) Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced on May 25
- Heatwave continues in North India; death toll in Andhra Pradesh, Telangana more than 400
- IPL 2015 final: Mumbai Indians thrash Chennai Super Kings by 41 runs to lift second title
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Kejriwal completes 100 days in office, AAP says centre 'shadow boxing' over row with LG
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- Mathura rally: PM Modi slams 'corrupt' UPA regime, lauds NDA govt's efforts in past one year
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- Online filing of applications for UPSC civil services exam begins
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Not just today, Muslims feeling alienated since 1947: Najma Heptulla
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened