SAD-BJP govt surviving on center’s oxygen: Manish Tewari
Ludhiana: Congress spokesman and the party`s
local MP Manish Tewari on Saturday claimed that the Akali-BJP
government in the state was in a financial mess and surviving
on support from the Centre.
"The SAD-BJP Government in the state is surving on the
oxygen (support) supplied by the Centre. Otherwise this
government can collapse anytime," he remarked, while
addressing a series of public meetings in different villages
in the Gill assembly segment in this district.
Tewari claimed the state government did not have a single
penny to launch a development project on its own.
"All the development works being carried out in the state
were being financed by various centrally sponsored schemes,"
he said, adding, this government had not even made any effort
to generate or mobilize its own resources.
Criticising the state government for its "all round
failure", the MP alleged the power situation was at its worst
He said, during the last two days people in Ludhiana and
surrounding areas have been surviving the heat without
"I want to ask the Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Badal as
to what happened to his promises of making Punjab power
surplus within three years of taking over the government (in
March 2007)" he said.
- Is Bhagat Singh a revolutionary terrorist? : Taal Thok Ke Extra Strong - Part 1
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part II
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part III
- Why is Bhagat Singh considered a revolutionary terrorist in free India?-Part IV
- Trupti Desai writes letter to Mohan Bhagwat, demands equal representation of women in RSS
- Panama Papers' database to go public on May 9
- Buddhadeb, Rahul share stage, call for saving West Bengal from TMC
- Must Read! Narayana Murthy's heartfelt letter to his daughter will make you miss your dad
- PM Modi meets Sushma Swaraj at AIIMS today