SAD, BJP leaders booked for abetting suicide
Jalandhar: A local builder allegedly committed suicide here, following which four persons including two leaders of ruling SAD and BJP were booked for abetting the suicide, police said on Saturday.
Raman Pasricha, a resident of Rasila Nagar had lost money to the tune of Rs 50 lakh in gambling to four persons, including SAD leader Harkomal Singh and BJP leader Amit Taneja, who hinged his car and other assets, according to a complaint filed by Sabeena, wife of Pasricha.
Acting on the complaint, police booked Bantu Sahri, Anil Kapoor, Taneja and Singh for abetting the suicide.
According to the police, Pasricha was worried for the past few days after losing heavily in gambling, and died this morning after consuming poison last night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP