SAD complains to EC against Congress advt
Chandigarh: The Shiromani Akali Dal on Wednesday filed a complaint with Election Commission against Congress for its "factually incorrect, mischievous and false" advertisements targeted at the SAD with the sole purpose of confusing the electorate.
The SAD also sought action against Congress for
"repeatedly flouting" EC`s directives despite warnings issued
to it by the Chief Election Commissioner.
In a letter to Chief Electoral Officer Punjab, Kusumjit
Sidhu, SAD spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema claimed that today`s
advertisement of Congress in various newspapers was factually
incorrect and was meant to mislead the electorate.
He said the advertisement has questioned the credibility
of SAD-BJP government in setting up four universities and 17
colleges during last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Watch - Moment of Kabul suicide blast caught on camera
- Devotees throng Lord Shiva temples to celebrate first Monday of 'Saawan'
- UK warns of Brexit `shadow` on world economy
- 1st Test: Virat Kohli, R Ashwin shine as India thrash West Indies by innings and 92 runs
- Teenage friend of Munich gunman arrested: police
- 11 injured in blast in German city of Ansbach; suspected bomber killed in explosion
- Scoreboard: India vs West Indies, First Test