SAD complains to EC against Congress advt
Chandigarh: The Shiromani Akali Dal on Wednesday filed a complaint with Election Commission against Congress for its "factually incorrect, mischievous and false" advertisements targeted at the SAD with the sole purpose of confusing the electorate.
The SAD also sought action against Congress for
"repeatedly flouting" EC`s directives despite warnings issued
to it by the Chief Election Commissioner.
In a letter to Chief Electoral Officer Punjab, Kusumjit
Sidhu, SAD spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema claimed that today`s
advertisement of Congress in various newspapers was factually
incorrect and was meant to mislead the electorate.
He said the advertisement has questioned the credibility
of SAD-BJP government in setting up four universities and 17
colleges during last five years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Check cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.in for CBSE Class 10 X Board Result at 2 pm
- Rahul Gandhi takes another dig at NDA govt, says Manmohan gave lessons on economy to PM Modi
- Centre moves SC against Delhi HC order on LG's powers; hearing on Friday
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- Log on to cbseresults.nic.in, cbse.nic.in at 2 pm for Class 10th Result 2015