SAD dismisses Amarinder`s claim on Dasuya polls
Amritsar: Ruling Shiromani Akali Dal on Sunday dismissed Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh`s allegation that Dasuya bypoll was rigged saying it reflected his frustration after repeated defeats at the hands of the SAD-BJP combine.
"It was strange when after its defeat in local body polls, Congress said it would have won hands down if the elections were held by the Election Commission of India. Now, the party is alleging rigging of Dasuya by-election, which has been conducted by the ECI in the presence of central forces," Revenue Minister and Youth Akali Dal president Bikram Singh Majithia said in a statement here.
Majithia alleged that by doing so the Congress leaders were "undermining the constitutional authority of the ECI."
He said this was not the first time that Congress leaders had done so, earlier too they had "opposed Constitutional bodies like the CAG because it had exposed the working of the Congress-led UPA government."
The election verdict has "proven that the people of the state like the pro-development programmes and policies of the SAD-BJP and there are no takers for the vendetta politics of the Congress party," Majithia claimed.
This was the third successive win of the ruling alliance in the elections held in the state, he said, while alleging that the Congress party had "miserably failed" to match the development oriented policies of the SAD-BJP and its leadership has failed to perform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India brought Afghanistan athletes in chartered flight: Pakistan envoy impressed with SAG 2016
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!