SAD dismisses Amarinder`s claim on Dasuya polls
Amritsar: Ruling Shiromani Akali Dal on Sunday dismissed Punjab Congress chief Amarinder Singh`s allegation that Dasuya bypoll was rigged saying it reflected his frustration after repeated defeats at the hands of the SAD-BJP combine.
"It was strange when after its defeat in local body polls, Congress said it would have won hands down if the elections were held by the Election Commission of India. Now, the party is alleging rigging of Dasuya by-election, which has been conducted by the ECI in the presence of central forces," Revenue Minister and Youth Akali Dal president Bikram Singh Majithia said in a statement here.
Majithia alleged that by doing so the Congress leaders were "undermining the constitutional authority of the ECI."
He said this was not the first time that Congress leaders had done so, earlier too they had "opposed Constitutional bodies like the CAG because it had exposed the working of the Congress-led UPA government."
The election verdict has "proven that the people of the state like the pro-development programmes and policies of the SAD-BJP and there are no takers for the vendetta politics of the Congress party," Majithia claimed.
This was the third successive win of the ruling alliance in the elections held in the state, he said, while alleging that the Congress party had "miserably failed" to match the development oriented policies of the SAD-BJP and its leadership has failed to perform.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I eat beef, can somebody stop me?: Kiren Rijiju hits back at Naqvi
- Delhi: Visually impaired boy scores 91.4% in CBSE 12th Board exams
- MP: 14-year-old boy works as bonded labour since 2009
- UP: Man chops off wife's nose, hair for dowry
- Zee Media Exclusive: The plight of yoga expert Tejaswi Sharma
- Heat ave continues in India, death toll climbs to over 1,400
- Woman denied flat in Mumbai for being a Muslim
- Megastar Amitabh Bachchan slapped with Rs 1 crore notice
- 4 Indians in Forbes' 100 most powerful women list
- Kenyan lawyer offers to marry Barack Obama's daughter Malia
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads
- Gujjar stir: HC asks Rajasthan govt to clear rail track, roads- Part II
- Maggi likely to face ban in India!
- Salman Khan accident files burnt in Mantralaya fire
- AIB: The 'Third Gender's right to dignity'
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 to be announced today
- Check mahresult.nic.in for MSBSHSE Maharashtra Class 12 HSC Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 Board Result 2015 (cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in) postponed?
- Maharashtra MSBSHSE HSC Result 2015 on mahresult.nic.in
- I was misquoted, says Kiren Rijiju on 'beef' remark
- First look: Salman Khan steals thunder in `Bajrangi Bhaijaan`
- Check cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 10 Result 2015
- mahresult.nic.in updated with MSBSHSE Maharashtra HSC Class XII Result 2015
- CBSE Class 10 (Class X Board) Result 2015 on cbse.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in at 2 pm
- Manmohan Singh defends himself on 2G charge, slams Modi govt for 'carbon copy' schemes
- Sonia Gandhi 'unconstitutional authority' during UPA: PM Narendra Modi
- Hours after attacking NDA govt, Manmohan Singh meets PM Narendra Modi
- Reservation stir: Five percent job quota to Gujjars unlikely, hints Rajasthan govt
- PMO website revamped, now send e-mail to PM Modi directly
- Death toll climbs to over 1400 as intense heatwave continues in India