SAD expels 2 leaders for indiscipline
Faridkot: The ruling Shiromani
Akali Dal in poll-bound Punjab has expelled two of its local
leaders on charges of indiscipline.
"Faridkot district rural president Gurshivinder Singh and
general secretary Rajvinder Singh have been expelled from the
party," Faridkot SAD chief Mantar Singh Brar said here.
Brar said the two local leaders had attended a meeting
last week convened by Kushaldeep Singh Dhillon, who had
defected from SAD to join Manpreet Badal-led PPP and later
With Punjab polls scheduled for January 30, Brar said the
party will not tolerate any act of indiscipline.
Dhillon had convened a meeting of his supporters last
week to mobilise support for a Congress rally to be held on
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?