SAD flays Congress over adopting Food Security Ordinance
Chandigarh: Flaying the Congress led UPA government at the Centre for taking the ordinance route to implement the Food Security Bill, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal said the move was initiated to avoid debate over the issue in Parliament.
"If they were so confident about the merits and success of this bill, then why did not they introduce it in the monsoon session of Parliament?" asked SAD Secretary and spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema said in a statement here.
"That was an appropriate platform for debate on this important issue," he said.
Cheema said that the Congress party has promised to bring food security bill in its election manifesto but did nothing till 2013.
"Now when the elections have come and when everybody knows that people are well prepared to throw the Congress-led UPA government out, it has enacted a drama by bringing this ordinance," the SAD leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PHOTO: After KKR's loss vs SRH, Shah Rukh Khan Tweets heart-wrenching image of cheerleaders crying
- Kardashians offered USD 100 million movie deal?
- Supreme Court to hear Italian government's plea on marine today
- Aww! Nargis Fakhri is missing THESE guys and gals
- Online application process for NEET II from today. Check www.aipmt.nic.in