SAD flays Congress over adopting Food Security Ordinance
Chandigarh: Flaying the Congress led UPA government at the Centre for taking the ordinance route to implement the Food Security Bill, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal said the move was initiated to avoid debate over the issue in Parliament.
"If they were so confident about the merits and success of this bill, then why did not they introduce it in the monsoon session of Parliament?" asked SAD Secretary and spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema said in a statement here.
"That was an appropriate platform for debate on this important issue," he said.
Cheema said that the Congress party has promised to bring food security bill in its election manifesto but did nothing till 2013.
"Now when the elections have come and when everybody knows that people are well prepared to throw the Congress-led UPA government out, it has enacted a drama by bringing this ordinance," the SAD leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Opposition observes 'black day' to mark one month of demonetisation
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- Watch shocking visuals - Speeding car rams pedestrians in Kolkata, 3 killed
- Cashless transactions increased rapidly following note ban
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- Yuvraj Singh-Hazel Keech Reception: MS Dhoni, Sourav Ganguly, Virender Sehwag attend lavish party — PHOTOS INSIDE
- Pakistan International Airlines plane from Chitral to Islamabad crashes near Havelian, 48 people dead
- Gali Janardhana Reddy converted Rs 100 crore black money by paying 20% commission, claims driver's suicide note
- Was Rahul Gandhi smiling during Jayalalithaa's funeral? Twitter users share pictures as proof