SAD flays Congress over adopting Food Security Ordinance
Chandigarh: Flaying the Congress led UPA government at the Centre for taking the ordinance route to implement the Food Security Bill, the ruling Shiromani Akali Dal said the move was initiated to avoid debate over the issue in Parliament.
"If they were so confident about the merits and success of this bill, then why did not they introduce it in the monsoon session of Parliament?" asked SAD Secretary and spokesman Daljit Singh Cheema said in a statement here.
"That was an appropriate platform for debate on this important issue," he said.
Cheema said that the Congress party has promised to bring food security bill in its election manifesto but did nothing till 2013.
"Now when the elections have come and when everybody knows that people are well prepared to throw the Congress-led UPA government out, it has enacted a drama by bringing this ordinance," the SAD leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Will not allow any political party to join agitation: Hardik Patel
- Swabhiman rally: About Bihar's development or Narendra Modi?
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Militants kill two engineers in Pakistan airport attack