SAD leadership threatening me: Inspector Gen PAP
Amritsar: Inspector General Punjab Police
presently posted with Punjab Armed Police at Jallandhar
Parmpal Singh Sidhu on Friday told the Election Commission that he
was getting threats from leaders of SAD(Badal).
Sidhu, who was earlier Police Commissioner, Amritsar, was
recently asked by the EC to reply to the complaint filed by
In his reply to the EC, Sidhu said his brother Ishwardas
Singh was contesting as a Sant Samaj candidate from Lambi seat
against SAD leader and chief minister Parkash Singh Badal.
He alleged that pressure was being mounted on him to
convince his brother not to contest against Badal and he was
getting threats from various corners in this regard.
On the other hand, SAD (Badal) candidate from Amritsar
South constituency Inderbir Bularia has filed complaint
against Sidhu alleging that he was campaigning in favour of
Congress candidate Jasbir Singh Dimpa.
Sidhu said a complaint was filed before the EC due to
He told the Commission if any kind of harm was meted out
to him or his family members from any corner, he would hold
political leaders responsible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Give up terrorism and let’s talk', Sushma Swaraj's reply to Nawaz Sharif at UNGA
- Lalu Yadav attacks PM Modi over Mahatma Gandhi's assassination
- Whole world is worried about global warming and climate change, says PM Modi
- Bihar will celebrate two Diwalis in 2015, one will be after poll results: Modi
- Is Mahatma Gandhi's name slowly fading away from the minds of the youth?
- Mahatma Gandhi: Know six things you didn't know about him
- World can now see consequences of Pakistan occupation in PoK: India
- Watch: Unbelievable! Kapil Sharma thrown out of Aishwarya Rai’s vanity van
- 1st T20: India vs South Africa – Players to watch out for
- ISL 2015: Chennaiyin FC vs Atletico de Kolkata - Preview