SAD leadership threatening me: Inspector Gen PAP
Amritsar: Inspector General Punjab Police
presently posted with Punjab Armed Police at Jallandhar
Parmpal Singh Sidhu on Friday told the Election Commission that he
was getting threats from leaders of SAD(Badal).
Sidhu, who was earlier Police Commissioner, Amritsar, was
recently asked by the EC to reply to the complaint filed by
In his reply to the EC, Sidhu said his brother Ishwardas
Singh was contesting as a Sant Samaj candidate from Lambi seat
against SAD leader and chief minister Parkash Singh Badal.
He alleged that pressure was being mounted on him to
convince his brother not to contest against Badal and he was
getting threats from various corners in this regard.
On the other hand, SAD (Badal) candidate from Amritsar
South constituency Inderbir Bularia has filed complaint
against Sidhu alleging that he was campaigning in favour of
Congress candidate Jasbir Singh Dimpa.
Sidhu said a complaint was filed before the EC due to
He told the Commission if any kind of harm was meted out
to him or his family members from any corner, he would hold
political leaders responsible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- Mauritius to remain major FDI source till March 2019: Experts
- Abhinav Bindra to head NRAI review committee on Rio debacle
- Now, WhatsApp to share your phone number with Facebook
- SHOCKING: Man performing stunt on high tension wire at Mumbai's Mira road station – Watch
- Bank of Baroda's total business takes Rs 90,000-crore hit in 2015-16