SAD leadership threatening me: Inspector Gen PAP
Amritsar: Inspector General Punjab Police
presently posted with Punjab Armed Police at Jallandhar
Parmpal Singh Sidhu on Friday told the Election Commission that he
was getting threats from leaders of SAD(Badal).
Sidhu, who was earlier Police Commissioner, Amritsar, was
recently asked by the EC to reply to the complaint filed by
In his reply to the EC, Sidhu said his brother Ishwardas
Singh was contesting as a Sant Samaj candidate from Lambi seat
against SAD leader and chief minister Parkash Singh Badal.
He alleged that pressure was being mounted on him to
convince his brother not to contest against Badal and he was
getting threats from various corners in this regard.
On the other hand, SAD (Badal) candidate from Amritsar
South constituency Inderbir Bularia has filed complaint
against Sidhu alleging that he was campaigning in favour of
Congress candidate Jasbir Singh Dimpa.
Sidhu said a complaint was filed before the EC due to
He told the Commission if any kind of harm was meted out
to him or his family members from any corner, he would hold
political leaders responsible.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!
- India prays for Siachen survivor Lance Naik Hanumanthappa; PM, Army Chief visit hospital
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch