SAD party elections on Sept 3 at Amritsar
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will elect its president and other office-bearers on September 3 at the party`s delegates` session in Amritsar.
SAD patron and Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, party president and Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal, and 445 other elected delegates will participate in the delegates` session, a party spokesman said here on Friday.
Apart from in Punjab, recruitment of party workers is carried out in the states of Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
The meet would also see a few delegates from foreign countries.
Party sources, meanwhile, said that present incumbent Sukhbir would be retain his post of party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days