SAD party elections on Sept 3 at Amritsar
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will elect its president and other office-bearers on September 3 at the party`s delegates` session in Amritsar.
SAD patron and Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, party president and Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal, and 445 other elected delegates will participate in the delegates` session, a party spokesman said here on Friday.
Apart from in Punjab, recruitment of party workers is carried out in the states of Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
The meet would also see a few delegates from foreign countries.
Party sources, meanwhile, said that present incumbent Sukhbir would be retain his post of party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- Curfew lifted in Kashmir Valley, Rajnath Singh to head all-party team on Sept 4
- ISS astronaut Jeff Williams shares captivating image of the USA's west coast! - See pic
- Govt panel for chilli-filled grenades, stun lac shells as alternatives to pellet guns
- iPhone 7? Apple Inc sends out invite for September 7 'special event'
- John Kerry's cavalcade got stuck in traffic jam caused by heavy rains in New Delhi