SAD party elections on Sept 3 at Amritsar
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will elect its president and other office-bearers on September 3 at the party`s delegates` session in Amritsar.
SAD patron and Punjab Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal, party president and Deputy CM Sukhbir Singh Badal, and 445 other elected delegates will participate in the delegates` session, a party spokesman said here on Friday.
Apart from in Punjab, recruitment of party workers is carried out in the states of Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Himachal Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
The meet would also see a few delegates from foreign countries.
Party sources, meanwhile, said that present incumbent Sukhbir would be retain his post of party president.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love