SAD politicising SGPC: Congress MP
Jalandhar: Charging the Shiromani Akali Dal
with politicising the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak
Committee, Congress MP and president of state Youth Congress
Ravneet Singh Bittu today said it will approach those close to
it to vote against the SAD.
"Although, the Congress will not directly contest the SGPC
election, but it will definitely approach its near and dear
ones to vote against SAD candidates, as the latter virtually
politicise the religious institution", Bittu, who was here to
take meeting of the District Youth Congress, told reporters.
Asked whether the Congress would support the candidates
of Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DGSMC) led by
its President Paramjit Singh Sarna, Bittu evaded a direct
reply and said "we will support all good candidates in the
SGPC poll, who will promise to free the SGPC from the
clutches of SAD".
Earlier former Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh had
said that the Congress would support Sarna`s candidates in
the SGPC, but after his criticism in the party circles on
the issue, he had to virtually take back his statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- RBI to issue new Rs 20, Rs 50 notes; old notes to remain legal tender
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what