SAD politicising SGPC: Congress MP
Jalandhar: Charging the Shiromani Akali Dal
with politicising the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak
Committee, Congress MP and president of state Youth Congress
Ravneet Singh Bittu today said it will approach those close to
it to vote against the SAD.
"Although, the Congress will not directly contest the SGPC
election, but it will definitely approach its near and dear
ones to vote against SAD candidates, as the latter virtually
politicise the religious institution", Bittu, who was here to
take meeting of the District Youth Congress, told reporters.
Asked whether the Congress would support the candidates
of Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DGSMC) led by
its President Paramjit Singh Sarna, Bittu evaded a direct
reply and said "we will support all good candidates in the
SGPC poll, who will promise to free the SGPC from the
clutches of SAD".
Earlier former Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh had
said that the Congress would support Sarna`s candidates in
the SGPC, but after his criticism in the party circles on
the issue, he had to virtually take back his statement.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'