SAD politicising SGPC: Congress MP
Jalandhar: Charging the Shiromani Akali Dal
with politicising the Shiromani Gurudwara Parbandhak
Committee, Congress MP and president of state Youth Congress
Ravneet Singh Bittu today said it will approach those close to
it to vote against the SAD.
"Although, the Congress will not directly contest the SGPC
election, but it will definitely approach its near and dear
ones to vote against SAD candidates, as the latter virtually
politicise the religious institution", Bittu, who was here to
take meeting of the District Youth Congress, told reporters.
Asked whether the Congress would support the candidates
of Delhi Sikh Gurudwara Management Committee (DGSMC) led by
its President Paramjit Singh Sarna, Bittu evaded a direct
reply and said "we will support all good candidates in the
SGPC poll, who will promise to free the SGPC from the
clutches of SAD".
Earlier former Chief Minister Captain Amarinder Singh had
said that the Congress would support Sarna`s candidates in
the SGPC, but after his criticism in the party circles on
the issue, he had to virtually take back his statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Wow! This self-driving robot can deliver food to your door (Watch)
- 2nd conviction in coal scam; 3 top officials of Rathi steel convicted
- Photo alert! ‘Baazigar’ jodi Shah Rukh Khan-Shilpa Shetty looks like this now
- Flipkart-owned Myntra acquires Jabong for an undisclosed amount
- Sandeep Dikshit unhappy with Ajay Maken? Says can't accept a leadership whose objective was to discredit Sheila Dikshit