SAD rebels not to contest as independents
Ludhiana: Three Akali Dal rebels, who had
announced their candidatures for the Punjab assembly election
from three different constituencies in the city, on Sunday decided
to withdraw from the contest.
They made the announcement in the presence of SGPC
chief Avtar Singh Makkar and several Akali and BJP leaders
Makkar said the problem had been sorted out after his
and SAD (B) chief Sukhbir Singh Badal`s intervention.
All the misunderstanding had been removed and the matter
amicably resolved, he said.
The rebels told reporters they had realised that their
stand would have helped the Congress which was "number one
enemy of Punjab".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda