SAD rebels not to contest as independents
Ludhiana: Three Akali Dal rebels, who had
announced their candidatures for the Punjab assembly election
from three different constituencies in the city, on Sunday decided
to withdraw from the contest.
They made the announcement in the presence of SGPC
chief Avtar Singh Makkar and several Akali and BJP leaders
Makkar said the problem had been sorted out after his
and SAD (B) chief Sukhbir Singh Badal`s intervention.
All the misunderstanding had been removed and the matter
amicably resolved, he said.
The rebels told reporters they had realised that their
stand would have helped the Congress which was "number one
enemy of Punjab".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation