SAD rebels not to contest as independents
Ludhiana: Three Akali Dal rebels, who had
announced their candidatures for the Punjab assembly election
from three different constituencies in the city, on Sunday decided
to withdraw from the contest.
They made the announcement in the presence of SGPC
chief Avtar Singh Makkar and several Akali and BJP leaders
Makkar said the problem had been sorted out after his
and SAD (B) chief Sukhbir Singh Badal`s intervention.
All the misunderstanding had been removed and the matter
amicably resolved, he said.
The rebels told reporters they had realised that their
stand would have helped the Congress which was "number one
enemy of Punjab".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Those ready to work 20 hours daily are welcome, rest can leave - UP CM Yogi Adityanath's message to govt officials
- India vs Australia: Ravindra Jadeja clobbers Steve O'Keefe, Nathan Lyon for sixes — VIDEO