SAD rebels not to contest as independents
Ludhiana: Three Akali Dal rebels, who had
announced their candidatures for the Punjab assembly election
from three different constituencies in the city, on Sunday decided
to withdraw from the contest.
They made the announcement in the presence of SGPC
chief Avtar Singh Makkar and several Akali and BJP leaders
Makkar said the problem had been sorted out after his
and SAD (B) chief Sukhbir Singh Badal`s intervention.
All the misunderstanding had been removed and the matter
amicably resolved, he said.
The rebels told reporters they had realised that their
stand would have helped the Congress which was "number one
enemy of Punjab".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- Islamic State trying to gain foothold in Pakistan-occupied Kashmir: Army
- Five guerrillas, one soldier killed near LoC
- Wimbledon: Novak Djokovic, Maria Sharapova cruise into last 16
- Indian Mujahideen chief Yasin Bhatkal indicates Islamic State will help him get out of jail soon