SAD says no difference with BJP on FDI in retail issue
Maur Mandi: With BJP on Thursday expressing its strong opposition to FDI in multi-brand retail, its ally in Punjab Shiromani Akali Dal fell in line, saying it is "solidly behind" NDA on the issue and there was no difference between the two parties.
SAD President Sukhbir Singh Badal had said two days ago that "if a consensus (on FDI in retail) can be built now, no one will have an objection. But a consensus over the issue in the entire country is a must", setting off perception that the party`s stand was at variance with that of BJP.
But today, Sukhbir and his father Chief Minister Parkash Singh Badal sought to present a united face on the issue while speaking to reporters at Mour Mandi in Bathinda district after addressing a public rally here.
They maintained there was no difference between the two alliance partners on this issue.
At BJP`s National Council Meet at Surajkund in Haryana, the party today said it will take its fight against FDI in multi-brand retail to Parliament in the winter session as the party feels the policy will hurt small traders and is being brought under foreign pressure.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Child critically injured as crude bomb explodes in Kolkata
- Indian govt signs historic Naga peace accord with NSCN(I-M)
- Delhi HC issues notice to Kejriwal govt on advertisement expenses
- Allahabad: Controversy over bar owner's appointment as Mahamandaleshwar
- FTII students stage protest at Jantar Mantar in Delhi
- 'Baahubali' becomes first non-Hindi film to cross Rs 500 crore
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' impact: Govt agrees to help deaf-and-dumb Indian girl stranded in Pakistan
- Ban on internet porn: Here's why it is impossible
- Govt doesn't want you to even watch porn in private, blocks over 800 sites