SAD should snap ties with BJP: Punjab Congress
Chandigarh: The Punjab Congress on Tuesday said SAD should take a cue from JD(U) and snap ties with BJP to protect the interests of minorities, including Sikhs.
Punjab Congress spokesman Sukhpal Singh Khaira warned Akali Dal against the "nefarious anti-minority designs" of BJP under Narendra Modi and said, "The Gujarat Chief Minister has a track record of being a communal, fascist and anti-minority leader. He is accused of engineering state-sponsored riots (Godhra massacre)...He is also accused of sponsoring fake encounters to create a scare amongst the minorities."
"Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has taken a bold decision by snapping ties with BJP to protect the interests of the minorities. Similarly, SAD should take a cue from JD(U) and part ways with the saffron party in the interest of Sikh community, which is also a minority," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sachin Tendulkar joins Narendra Modi's #SelfieWithDaughter campaign
- Parliamentary panel recommends 100% salary hike for MPs, health benefits for grandchildren
- BJP MP Hema Malini injured, one child killed in Dausa road accident
- Madrasas that do not teach primary subjects to be considered 'non-schools', says Maharashtra govt
- Congress 'weak' to stop Modi; Rahul 'out of touch' with reality: Hansraj Bhardwaj