SAD should snap ties with BJP: Punjab Congress
Chandigarh: The Punjab Congress on Tuesday said SAD should take a cue from JD(U) and snap ties with BJP to protect the interests of minorities, including Sikhs.
Punjab Congress spokesman Sukhpal Singh Khaira warned Akali Dal against the "nefarious anti-minority designs" of BJP under Narendra Modi and said, "The Gujarat Chief Minister has a track record of being a communal, fascist and anti-minority leader. He is accused of engineering state-sponsored riots (Godhra massacre)...He is also accused of sponsoring fake encounters to create a scare amongst the minorities."
"Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has taken a bold decision by snapping ties with BJP to protect the interests of the minorities. Similarly, SAD should take a cue from JD(U) and part ways with the saffron party in the interest of Sikh community, which is also a minority," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Sheena Bora murder: DNA sample to reveal the truth
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP