SAD should snap ties with BJP: Punjab Congress
Chandigarh: The Punjab Congress on Tuesday said SAD should take a cue from JD(U) and snap ties with BJP to protect the interests of minorities, including Sikhs.
Punjab Congress spokesman Sukhpal Singh Khaira warned Akali Dal against the "nefarious anti-minority designs" of BJP under Narendra Modi and said, "The Gujarat Chief Minister has a track record of being a communal, fascist and anti-minority leader. He is accused of engineering state-sponsored riots (Godhra massacre)...He is also accused of sponsoring fake encounters to create a scare amongst the minorities."
"Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar has taken a bold decision by snapping ties with BJP to protect the interests of the minorities. Similarly, SAD should take a cue from JD(U) and part ways with the saffron party in the interest of Sikh community, which is also a minority," he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Discussion over BJP's enormous victory in Maharashtra civic polls
- UP polls: Top 5 highlights of PM Modi's speech in Bahraich
- BMC elections 2017: Who will be the Mayor of Mumbai?
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- NASA discovers seven Earth-like planets orbiting a single star
- Reliance Jio Vs Airtel free data plan: A comparison
- BMC election 2017 results: As it happened
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017: As it happened on Thursday
- World's heaviest woman loses 50 kilos in just 12 days