SAD slams Amarinder for Gaddafi remark
Jalandhar: The Shiromani Akali Dal on Friday hit
out at Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh for comparing
Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal with slain Libyan dictator
Muammar Gaddafi and said such a language is "shameful".
"Use of such a language by a former CM is shameful...
Amarinder`s statements are coming out of his frustration. He
is the real Gaddafi who doesn`t want development in the state.
Both of them are like brothers," Punjab Deputy CM Sukhbir
Singh Badal said.
The SAD president alleged, "Amarinder had no agenda for
the development of the state and was nervous with the growing
popularity of the state government."
Accusing the Punjab government of plundering the state`s
wealth, Amarinder had yesterday compared the CM with Gaddafi.
On charges of "obscene" dance programme during
inauguration of Kabaddi world cup, Sukhbir said the government
had only given contract for the programme and was not aware of
Replying to questions on his prospect as CM, Sukhbir
said its up to the party to decide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ganga river crosses danger mark in UP, Bihar and West Bengal
- NDMC issues notices to President's Estate for mosquito breeding
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society
- DNA: Analysis of how Indian women's success in Olympics changed mindset of our society- Part II
- DNA: Analysis of loss caused by floods in India
- Kerry urges deployment of South Sudan `protection force`
- Rio-returned athlete Sudha Singh hospitalized
- Companies' business confidence index grows 2.2% in June quarter
- Sensex falls for second straight session, cracks below 28,000-mark
- NIA reveals why ISIS bigger threat to India than Pakistani terrorists - Read details