SAD slams Amarinder for Gaddafi remark
Jalandhar: The Shiromani Akali Dal on Friday hit
out at Punjab Congress president Amarinder Singh for comparing
Chief Minister Prakash Singh Badal with slain Libyan dictator
Muammar Gaddafi and said such a language is "shameful".
"Use of such a language by a former CM is shameful...
Amarinder`s statements are coming out of his frustration. He
is the real Gaddafi who doesn`t want development in the state.
Both of them are like brothers," Punjab Deputy CM Sukhbir
Singh Badal said.
The SAD president alleged, "Amarinder had no agenda for
the development of the state and was nervous with the growing
popularity of the state government."
Accusing the Punjab government of plundering the state`s
wealth, Amarinder had yesterday compared the CM with Gaddafi.
On charges of "obscene" dance programme during
inauguration of Kabaddi world cup, Sukhbir said the government
had only given contract for the programme and was not aware of
Replying to questions on his prospect as CM, Sukhbir
said its up to the party to decide.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: APJ Abdul Kalam's last journey, India bids a tearful adieu
- DNA : Justice delivered; India hangs 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail
- 'People's President' APJ Abdul Kalam laid to rest in Rameswaram
- Panel discussion on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's hanging
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet
- Cristiano Ronaldo great, but Lionel Messi is greatest: Xavi Hernandez