SAD slams Centre on diesel, LPG decision
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal on Thursday accused the UPA government at the Centre of giving a "free hand" to oil companies to increase diesel rates.
The party also described as "illusion" the raising of cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from next financial year and demanded rollback of ceiling on LPG cylinders.
In a statement here, SAD President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said, "The Union Cabinet today has deliberately and conveniently given a free hand to the oil companies to raise the price of diesel.
"By doing so, the government has left poor farmers, transporters and common public at the mercy of oil companies which will charge higher price from people," he said.
Badal said Shiromani Akali Dal has since long been demanding constitution of a Joint Parliamentary Committee to look into the price fixation formula of oil products as oil companies were fleecing people by charging "higher" price.
On raising of cap of LPG, he said the Congress-led UPA government is not going to fulfil its promise and demanded immediate removal of cap on LPG cylinders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Is there no respect for Congress in UP politics?
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog
- Yuvraj Singh trolls R Ashwin for photobombing his picture with Virat Kohli – See pic!