SAD slams Centre on diesel, LPG decision
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal on Thursday accused the UPA government at the Centre of giving a "free hand" to oil companies to increase diesel rates.
The party also described as "illusion" the raising of cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from next financial year and demanded rollback of ceiling on LPG cylinders.
In a statement here, SAD President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said, "The Union Cabinet today has deliberately and conveniently given a free hand to the oil companies to raise the price of diesel.
"By doing so, the government has left poor farmers, transporters and common public at the mercy of oil companies which will charge higher price from people," he said.
Badal said Shiromani Akali Dal has since long been demanding constitution of a Joint Parliamentary Committee to look into the price fixation formula of oil products as oil companies were fleecing people by charging "higher" price.
On raising of cap of LPG, he said the Congress-led UPA government is not going to fulfil its promise and demanded immediate removal of cap on LPG cylinders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi