SAD slams Centre on diesel, LPG decision
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal on Thursday accused the UPA government at the Centre of giving a "free hand" to oil companies to increase diesel rates.
The party also described as "illusion" the raising of cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from next financial year and demanded rollback of ceiling on LPG cylinders.
In a statement here, SAD President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said, "The Union Cabinet today has deliberately and conveniently given a free hand to the oil companies to raise the price of diesel.
"By doing so, the government has left poor farmers, transporters and common public at the mercy of oil companies which will charge higher price from people," he said.
Badal said Shiromani Akali Dal has since long been demanding constitution of a Joint Parliamentary Committee to look into the price fixation formula of oil products as oil companies were fleecing people by charging "higher" price.
On raising of cap of LPG, he said the Congress-led UPA government is not going to fulfil its promise and demanded immediate removal of cap on LPG cylinders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- President Mukherjee inspect International Fleet Review at Vishakhapatnam
- Divyansh's death not an accident, but a murder?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How realising the purpose of life gives you direction
- Was Divyansh sexually assaulted and then murdered?
- India takes inspiration from Iran; sets up 'Hanger of Kindness' in Delhi
- VIDEO: Mohammad Amir's hat-trick in Match 2 of PSL 2016
- Oh so cute! PM Narendra Modi pulls Akshay Kumar's son Aarav Kumar's ear!-- See pic
- Muslim personal law can't be subjected to scrutiny by Supreme Court: Jamiat-Ulama-i-Hind
- IPL 2016 auction - As it happened...
- Not Delhi, but Varanasi and Muzaffarpur the most polluted cities in India