SAD slams Centre on diesel, LPG decision
Chandigarh: Shiromani Akali Dal on Thursday accused the UPA government at the Centre of giving a "free hand" to oil companies to increase diesel rates.
The party also described as "illusion" the raising of cap on subsidised LPG cylinders from next financial year and demanded rollback of ceiling on LPG cylinders.
In a statement here, SAD President and Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said, "The Union Cabinet today has deliberately and conveniently given a free hand to the oil companies to raise the price of diesel.
"By doing so, the government has left poor farmers, transporters and common public at the mercy of oil companies which will charge higher price from people," he said.
Badal said Shiromani Akali Dal has since long been demanding constitution of a Joint Parliamentary Committee to look into the price fixation formula of oil products as oil companies were fleecing people by charging "higher" price.
On raising of cap of LPG, he said the Congress-led UPA government is not going to fulfil its promise and demanded immediate removal of cap on LPG cylinders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 11-year old Odisha boy to get football training at Bayern Munich in Germany
- China warns India against deploying BrahMos cruise missile in Arunachal Pradesh
- One killed in TV channel office attack in Karachi
- Gujarat: Journalist working for local daily found dead in his Junagadh office
- Watch: How floods throw normal life out of gear across country
- Afghans push India for more arms, despite Pakistan's wary eye
- Canada to US tourists: please leave your guns at home
- Sushant Singh Rajput shares third poster of ‘M.S.Dhoni- The Untold Story’
- Triple treat for Shah Rukh Khan fans in 2017 – Details inside
- Know what Ranveer Singh has to say about Akshay Kumar