SAD, SP condemn rail budget
Chandigarh: SAD and SP on Wednesday termed the Railway Budget as "directionless", saying it will increase burden on common man.
"The Rail budget is directionless, hopeless and anti- common man," Punjab Chief Minister and SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal told reporters in Chandigarh.
The proposed hike in railway fare is highly deplorable, he said. Badal also accused the Centre of ignoring Punjab in the budget.
"The anti-Punjab stance of Congress has once again come to the fore as it has deliberately ignored the interest of the border state," he said.
Samajwadi Party also termed the rail budget as "directionless" and "anti-people" in which Uttar Pradesh was totally ignored.
"The railway budget is directionless, which totally ignored UP," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Besides a railway coach factory and a training centre, there was no mention of the state in the budget, he said. "The hike in fare would increase burden on common man... The budget is anti-people," the SP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's speech at Gorakhnath temple
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- BJP MLA Vikram Saini accused of voicing controversial statement
- DNA: Analysing the 'no first use' nuclear policy of India
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Kapil Sharma-Sunil Grover fight: Will it be a shutdown for 'The Kapil Sharma Show'?