SAD, SP condemn rail budget
Chandigarh: SAD and SP on Wednesday termed the Railway Budget as "directionless", saying it will increase burden on common man.
"The Rail budget is directionless, hopeless and anti- common man," Punjab Chief Minister and SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal told reporters in Chandigarh.
The proposed hike in railway fare is highly deplorable, he said. Badal also accused the Centre of ignoring Punjab in the budget.
"The anti-Punjab stance of Congress has once again come to the fore as it has deliberately ignored the interest of the border state," he said.
Samajwadi Party also termed the rail budget as "directionless" and "anti-people" in which Uttar Pradesh was totally ignored.
"The railway budget is directionless, which totally ignored UP," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Besides a railway coach factory and a training centre, there was no mention of the state in the budget, he said. "The hike in fare would increase burden on common man... The budget is anti-people," the SP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray