SAD, SP condemn rail budget
Chandigarh: SAD and SP on Wednesday termed the Railway Budget as "directionless", saying it will increase burden on common man.
"The Rail budget is directionless, hopeless and anti- common man," Punjab Chief Minister and SAD patron Parkash Singh Badal told reporters in Chandigarh.
The proposed hike in railway fare is highly deplorable, he said. Badal also accused the Centre of ignoring Punjab in the budget.
"The anti-Punjab stance of Congress has once again come to the fore as it has deliberately ignored the interest of the border state," he said.
Samajwadi Party also termed the rail budget as "directionless" and "anti-people" in which Uttar Pradesh was totally ignored.
"The railway budget is directionless, which totally ignored UP," party spokesman Rajendra Chowdhury said.
Besides a railway coach factory and a training centre, there was no mention of the state in the budget, he said. "The hike in fare would increase burden on common man... The budget is anti-people," the SP leader said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SC allows Italian marine Salvatore Girone to return home
- Bihar: Former Bihar CM Jitan Manjhi's convoy attacked in Gaya
- Punjab and Haryana HC stays reservation for Jats, 5 other communities
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Separated Indian, Pakistani siblings meet in UAE after 48 yrs
- CPI(M) leader Sushanta Ghosh slapped in West Bengal court premises
- On eve of Greece visit, Putin says problems with EU can be solved
- President Mukherjee lists 8 steps to resolve issues between India, China
- READ: What Ashish Nehra has to say about his Viral Photo with Virat Kohli