SAD to support anybody BJP chooses as PM candidate: SAD(B)
New Delhi: Amid growing chorus in BJP for projecting Narendra Modi as the party`s Prime Ministerial candidate, Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) on Wednesday said it will offer "unconditional" support to anyone BJP chooses.
"We do not want to put forward our views. We are a small party. So, being a small party, we are very clear. Whoever BJP and NDA decides, we will support them unconditionally," SAD President Sukhbir Singh Badal told reporters here when asked about Modi`s projection as Prime Ministerial candidate for 2014 general elections.
Voices within BJP pitching for Modi as the Prime Minister grew louder yesterday with two MPs Ram Jethmalani and C P Thakur backing him but discomfort among NDA allies was visible with Shiv Sena batting for Sushma Swaraj for the top post.
Another NDA constituent JD(U) has strong reservations against Modi`s projections as PM candidate.
This came a day after Yashwant Sinha said the Gujarat Chief Minister should be declared the BJP`s Prime Ministerial candidate, who was followed by eminent lawyer and party Rajya Sabha MP Ram Jethmalani saying that Modi was the "best" candidate and that he is "impeccably secular".
BJP President Rajnath Singh has, however, steered cleared of any controversy and refused to make a comment on Modi`s candidature and said such decisions are taken by the party`s Parliamentary Board.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!