SAD to support prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP
Panaji: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will support the prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday.
"BJP being the biggest constituent of the NDA should decide on the prime ministerial candidate. Akali Dal will accept it," the SAD president told reporters here.
Badal is in Goa along with party colleagues to participate in the `Chintan Shivir` being held here.
The party leaders visited Goa State Legislative Assembly complex and witnessed the proceedings of the House.
Badal also said that the Lok Sabha elections could be held in September and the SAD is prepared for it.
"We are all ready. The party is prepared to fight the elections. It looks like the current sentiment in the country is against the Congress. We are fully geared up...We are in discussion with BJP for the coming election," he said, adding that SAD-BJP will have clean sweep in Punjab.
When asked about Modi as a prime ministerial candidate, he refused to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi HC backs LG, turns down plea challenging Jung's authority
- No radioactive leak at IGI airport, say AERB and Delhi govt
- WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 declared on wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in
- Log on to wbresults.nic.in, wbchse.nic.in for WB Class 12 (HS) Result 2015 WBCHSE
- Twitter war over IIT Madras row: Smriti Irani challenges Rahul Gandhi to debate over any issue, anywhere