SAD to support prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP
Panaji: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will support the prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday.
"BJP being the biggest constituent of the NDA should decide on the prime ministerial candidate. Akali Dal will accept it," the SAD president told reporters here.
Badal is in Goa along with party colleagues to participate in the `Chintan Shivir` being held here.
The party leaders visited Goa State Legislative Assembly complex and witnessed the proceedings of the House.
Badal also said that the Lok Sabha elections could be held in September and the SAD is prepared for it.
"We are all ready. The party is prepared to fight the elections. It looks like the current sentiment in the country is against the Congress. We are fully geared up...We are in discussion with BJP for the coming election," he said, adding that SAD-BJP will have clean sweep in Punjab.
When asked about Modi as a prime ministerial candidate, he refused to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections