SAD to support prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP
Panaji: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will support the prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday.
"BJP being the biggest constituent of the NDA should decide on the prime ministerial candidate. Akali Dal will accept it," the SAD president told reporters here.
Badal is in Goa along with party colleagues to participate in the `Chintan Shivir` being held here.
The party leaders visited Goa State Legislative Assembly complex and witnessed the proceedings of the House.
Badal also said that the Lok Sabha elections could be held in September and the SAD is prepared for it.
"We are all ready. The party is prepared to fight the elections. It looks like the current sentiment in the country is against the Congress. We are fully geared up...We are in discussion with BJP for the coming election," he said, adding that SAD-BJP will have clean sweep in Punjab.
When asked about Modi as a prime ministerial candidate, he refused to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon