SAD to support prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP
Panaji: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will support the prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday.
"BJP being the biggest constituent of the NDA should decide on the prime ministerial candidate. Akali Dal will accept it," the SAD president told reporters here.
Badal is in Goa along with party colleagues to participate in the `Chintan Shivir` being held here.
The party leaders visited Goa State Legislative Assembly complex and witnessed the proceedings of the House.
Badal also said that the Lok Sabha elections could be held in September and the SAD is prepared for it.
"We are all ready. The party is prepared to fight the elections. It looks like the current sentiment in the country is against the Congress. We are fully geared up...We are in discussion with BJP for the coming election," he said, adding that SAD-BJP will have clean sweep in Punjab.
When asked about Modi as a prime ministerial candidate, he refused to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test launches first ever indigenous space shuttle
- PM Modi to meet top Iranian leaders today
- Pakistan denounces US drone strike on Taliban chief Mullah Mansoor
- BJP's Roopa Ganguly attacked by Trinamool workers near Kolkata
- PM Modi in Tehran: India, Iran sign historic pact on Chabahar port
- French Open 2016: Andy Murray, Stan Wawrinka face Czech challenge in Paris
- Iraq PM announces start of operation to retake Fallujah
- Amnesty warns Yemen civilians face cluster bombs `minefields`
- KTM 1290 Super Duke R based Husqvarna 1301 spotted testing
- 17 girls dead in fire at school dormitory in Thailand