SAD to support prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP
Panaji: Shiromani Akali Dal (SAD) will support the prime ministerial candidate proposed by BJP, Punjab Deputy Chief Minister Sukhbir Singh Badal said on Tuesday.
"BJP being the biggest constituent of the NDA should decide on the prime ministerial candidate. Akali Dal will accept it," the SAD president told reporters here.
Badal is in Goa along with party colleagues to participate in the `Chintan Shivir` being held here.
The party leaders visited Goa State Legislative Assembly complex and witnessed the proceedings of the House.
Badal also said that the Lok Sabha elections could be held in September and the SAD is prepared for it.
"We are all ready. The party is prepared to fight the elections. It looks like the current sentiment in the country is against the Congress. We are fully geared up...We are in discussion with BJP for the coming election," he said, adding that SAD-BJP will have clean sweep in Punjab.
When asked about Modi as a prime ministerial candidate, he refused to comment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- BSF cancels beating the retreat ceremony at Wagah post surgical strikes
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’