SAD village head kidnaps, murders youth
Amritsar: Close on the heels of the murder of a police official by an Akali leader, a village head owing allegiance to the ruling SAD along with his accomplices allegedly abducted a youth and beat him to death.
Amarjit Singh, who is sarpanch of village Nangal Wanjawala, along with his accomplices allegedly kidnapped 20-year-old Gurpreet Singh Gopi at gunpoint from his residence while firing several rounds of fire in the air, police said here today.
One of the accused, Swarn Singh, suspected that the deceased was involved in an illicit relation with his sister-in-law, according to the complaint lodged with police.
In her complaint, Gurpreet’s mother Sukhraj Kaur alleged that the accused kidnapped his son on Sunday and later beat him to death.
Police said that the matter was reported to it last evening.
Gurpreet’s mother Sukhraj Kaur alleged that when her family followed the kidnappers, the Akali sarpanch fired at them and that the family members had a narrow escape.
Sukhraj Kaur told police that her son was found unconscious on Monday at the house of one of the accused when a group of villagers raided the house.
Gopi was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Police have registered case of murder and abduction against the accused under various sections of IPC and the Arms Act.
The incident comes close on the heels of local SAD leader Ranjit Singh Rana being arrested for allegedly gunning down an Assistant Sub Inspector of Punjab Police who was trying to save his daughter from eve teasers.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi speaks at Golden Jubilee celebrations of poet Dinkar’s works
- Vadodara: Policemen seen dancing with bar girls
- Coal scam: Naveen Jindal, Madhu Koda and others get bail
- Zee Media Exclusive: Kangana, Madhavan talk about their film 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns'
- DNA: IAF Mirage 2000 fighter plane lands successfully on Yamuna expressway
- One year of Modi govt: Arun Jaitley addresses press conference
- DNA: Osama documents show 'Indian brother in Madinah' financed al Qaeda
- DNA: Harmful chemicals found in Maggi, Nestle India still in denial mode
- ISIS executes Syrian fighter using anti-tank rocket launcher
- CM Kejriwal shortlists 39 'unwanted' IAS officers in Delhi
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with Congress leader Kamal Nath
- Columbia student takes rape-protest mattress to graduation
- Mumbai: One injured in shootout at Film City
- DNA: Modi-led NDA govt's hits and misses in one year
- Delhi: Car catches fire after crash, one dead
- Jayalalithaa makes public appearance, meets Governor: As it happened
- IPL 2015, Qualifier 2: CSK vs RCB - As it happened...
- India to soon have its own space shuttle!
- Kejriwal slams notification on LG's powers, says Modi running Delhi govt through back door
- Tanu Weds Manu Returns movie review: Brilliant execution, superb performance!
- Manohar Parrikar meets troops at Siachen base camp
- Wbbse.org 10th Madhyamik Pariksha Results 2015: West Bengal Board (wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th, WB MP Results 2015 to be announced today shortly
- Businessman shot next to Amitabh Bachchan's shooting location in Mumbai Film City
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- PM Narendra Modi graces Digvijay Singh's son wedding reception
- West Bengal Board (wbbse.org & wbresults.nic.in) Class 10th Madhyamik Pariksha (MP) Results 2015 to be announced today at 10 AM
- Rajasthan Board RBSE 12th Inter Results 2015: BSER Ajmer (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in) Senior Secondary Class 12th Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today at 2 PM
- RBSE 12th Results 2015 (rajeduboard.nic.in & rajresults.nic.in): Rajasthan Board BSER Ajmer Senior Secondary Class 12th XII Intermediate Science & Commerce Exam Results 2015 to be declared today on May 22
- After land bill, net neutrality, Rahul Gandhi to fight for ex-servicemen now
- CBSE 12th Results 2015: CBSE Board Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic class 12th XII board exam Results 2015 date announced