SAD village head kidnaps, murders youth
Amritsar: Close on the heels of the murder of a police official by an Akali leader, a village head owing allegiance to the ruling SAD along with his accomplices allegedly abducted a youth and beat him to death.
Amarjit Singh, who is sarpanch of village Nangal Wanjawala, along with his accomplices allegedly kidnapped 20-year-old Gurpreet Singh Gopi at gunpoint from his residence while firing several rounds of fire in the air, police said here today.
One of the accused, Swarn Singh, suspected that the deceased was involved in an illicit relation with his sister-in-law, according to the complaint lodged with police.
In her complaint, Gurpreet’s mother Sukhraj Kaur alleged that the accused kidnapped his son on Sunday and later beat him to death.
Police said that the matter was reported to it last evening.
Gurpreet’s mother Sukhraj Kaur alleged that when her family followed the kidnappers, the Akali sarpanch fired at them and that the family members had a narrow escape.
Sukhraj Kaur told police that her son was found unconscious on Monday at the house of one of the accused when a group of villagers raided the house.
Gopi was rushed to hospital where he was declared brought dead.
Police have registered case of murder and abduction against the accused under various sections of IPC and the Arms Act.
The incident comes close on the heels of local SAD leader Ranjit Singh Rana being arrested for allegedly gunning down an Assistant Sub Inspector of Punjab Police who was trying to save his daughter from eve teasers.
- Deepika Padukone in Salman Khan’s ‘Tubelight’? Kabir Khan has an answer
- Donald Trump the `presumptive` White House nominee as Cruz crashes out
- Karan Singh Grover’s words for Bipasha Basu will restore your faith in love – Check them out
- Champions League: After knocking out Bayern Munich, Atletico Madrid ready to write history
- Premier League triumph: Leicester City's 'magic' hailed globally as the party goes on